£75 or £120 spend on bib tights.

2»

Comments

• TKF
    TKF Posts: 279
    Carbonator wrote:
    I don't want to wear my good bib shorts all year.
    Me neither. My Winter bike and Winter kit are very different to my Summer bike/kit. Makes everything last twice as long.
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Carbonator wrote:
    I want to wear my good bib shorts part of the year and my good bib tights the rest of the time!

There is nothing wrong with wearing tights over bib shorts (unlike tights under bib shorts lol), but it is better, if only slightly, to wear bib tights.

Nothing wrong with the gripper round your leg. I 'cope' with them in the summer because I have to. In the winter I have an option and it feels better if not there.

It also feels better having foot loops which I imagine do not work on non bib tights?
    Not sure if you can feel the waistband of the unpadded tights with bib shorts underneath but guessing you can tell it's there and that would annoy me too.

If you cannot imagine how much more comfortable bib tights are, you either need to try them or just forget about it.
    It seems odd to me to dissuade someone from buying bib tights (on a thread where the op is asking which to get, rather than whether or not to get them) without knowing what it's like to have them.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I was trying to dissuade the OP from buying bib tights, just reaffirming the opinions of others to present him with another option. The waist band has never bothered me, never noticed it, and the ankle grippers hold well and don't bother me either.
    But IMO to answer his original question, if he's doing decent mileage on the bike then get the best tights you can. If he's only doing below 3 hours then 75 is plenty, over that a good quality pair will pay dividends.
  • rjh299
    TKF wrote:
    Carbonator wrote:
    Me neither. My Winter bike and Winter kit are very different to my Summer bike/kit. Makes everything last twice as long.

Does it or do you just have twice as much kit? :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    rjh299 wrote:
    TKF wrote:
    Carbonator wrote:

Its both.
    It lasts twice as long in terms of how long you have it for (as opposed to how many times you can wear it), but yes, only because you have twice as much kit.

I think I am going to wear out before my kit does so its not not very cost effective :shock:
    After the initial purchase its like getting new kit for free every 6 months though :lol:
  • rjh299
    Carbonator wrote:
    rjh299 wrote:
    TKF wrote:
    Carbonator wrote:

Its both.
    It lasts twice as long in terms of how long you have it for (as opposed to how many times you can wear it), but yes, only because you have twice as much kit.

I think I am going to wear out before my kit does so its not not very cost effective :shock:
    After the initial purchase its like getting new kit for free every 6 months though :lol:

:lol: There's some logic hidden in there somewhere then :lol:
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    When are you more likely to have an off? Warm dry summer rides or cold wet slippery winter time?

I wouldnt risk damaging my best kit in the winter when a patch of ice can send you off ripping holes in your clothes.