Planet X RT-58 Alloy anyone?

garrethbayliss
garrethbayliss Posts: 8
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi,
I've been looking for a good value bike to upgrade to and I have been suggested Planet X RT-58 Alloy. Specs are good, looks good, but I can't find anything online in terms of reviews. So if anyone has one or knows what it's like to ride, it would be a great help.

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXRT58ALUTIA/planet-x-rt-58-alloy-shimano-tiagra-road-bike
thanks
Garreth

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    It is new to the range so I doubt there will be any reviews out there.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    looks good though...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • diamonddog
    Luv2ride wrote:
    looks good though...
    It does and good spec for that money.
  • if you want a 54 then there is one in the clearance bikes cor £549.99 too....
  • focuz
    focuz Posts: 150
    I have the carbon one if it helps, the geometry of the frame is great, super comfortable.
  • Im also very interested in this bike, as well as the Holdsworth Trentino.

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBHOTRTIA/ ... -road-bike

Does anyone know any more about them, and which one is the best to go for aside from the holdsworth is carbon yet weighs slightly more. Im a newbie and don't yet know much about geometries and how two compare in that sense.

As i live in the south i'm not prepared to travel to Sheffield to try one, so does anyone know if i have any other options of trying one of them?
  • Holdsworth= A good budget race bike IMO.
    PX RT-58= Good value, less aggressive position training/sportive bike.

Take your pick really, both good bikes but maybe for slightly different goals?

Alu frames are making a real statement at the minute, the RT-58 alloy being a case in point. Also worth having a look at the Kinesis Aethin which is a top notch alloy frame.
  • Thanks however am I right in thinking they do not sell the whole bike but just the frame?

I'm after the best I can get for £700 all up and it seems the two from Planet X seem the best.
  • diamonddog
    RT58 alloy or the Holdsworth good spec and vgood vfm on both IMO.
    As mentioned above by Camcycle1974 the RT58 should be a comfier ride than the Holdsworth, weight difference is minimal.
    I don't think you will find better vfm than these. :)
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    I like the look of the SAB at the same price but its heavier