2014 - Cervelo R3 or Boardman SLR

Muztard
Muztard Posts: 160
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
We all know that feeling it's a new year so I need a new bike. But I expect this to be my last big purchase as I'm getting too old for a racy setup :)

The budget is about £3k but might go a little higher. My current bikes include a Cervelo Soloist (my fastest bike by far and the most enjoyable to ride if I'm on a good surface) and a Boardman Team Alloy (my winter bike, great bike for the price).

I'm interested in your comments on my current thinking of either a Ultergra shod Cervelo R3 or Boardman SLR (both 2014 models) and if someone wants to offer their alternative that would be great.

The bike will be used for the faster club rides, uphills and who knows I might even do the odd race.

Comments

• nammynake
    nammynake Posts: 196
    Canyon CF or CF SLX. The SLX has a pro level frame and incredible components for the price.
  • Be interesting to hear any comments on someone choosing a Boardman over a Cervelo
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Muztard
    Muztard Posts: 160
    Dare I say in recent yrs as Cervelo chase sales, quality has gone down. At the same time and for the same reason Boardman quality has gone up. At £3k the Boardman might have the better package?