Canyon cf slx

Wudster
Wudster Posts: 17
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
I have been looking at getting a Canyon slx for a few months now and was about to pull the trigger on one when I came across a eBayer who has a brand new frame, dura-ace and mavics listed separately.
He seems genuine and has invited me to take a look before I buy. The price is a considerable saving for me over buying from Canyon directly.
My question is should I be wary of anything, is there something I should ask or look for?
This would be my first purchase not from a bike shop so I am a little apprehensive.
Cheers..

Comments

• Wudster wrote:
    My question is should I be wary of anything, is there something I should ask or look for?

A receipt from Canyon.
    I would be asking how he happens to have 3 new Canyon frames for sale?
    He may be legit but I would be very wary.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Wudster wrote:

A receipt from Canyon.
    I would be asking how he happens to have 3 new Canyon frames for sale?
    He may be legit but I would be very wary.
    ^^This
  • Is the bike in Leeds? I ask this as my buddy agreed a deal on a new canyon in Leeds, however the deal fell apart as things just did not add up, and if in doubt....
  • Wudster
    No its not in Leeds, I saw that one though, I think I will just have to resign myself to the fact that its way too good to be true...
    Better safe than sorry and all that...
    cheers guys.
  • rgasuk
    rgasuk Posts: 89
    I`m in the same postion , i was about to pull the trigger till i seen the frames, im currently waiting to here back from Canyon regarding frame sizes as im inbetween a 56 / 58 frame .i spoke to the seller and he says he has recipets . The bikes we returns apparantly due to damaged boxs, minor marks on group sets and he bought them from an insurance company . I didnt want the risk of spending 1200 on a frame and having no warranty even tho he has 100% feed back.

As a mate said to me , " it looks too good to be true "
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
    Past - Scott spark , caadx ultegra , canyon ultimate cf slx ,trek madone , ridley x-fire , giant Defy, giant trance
  • rgasuk wrote:
    i spoke to the seller and he says he has recipets . The bikes we returns apparantly due to damaged boxs, minor marks on group sets and he bought them from an insurance company .

So presumably the frames don't come with Canyon's 6 year warranty?
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • rgasuk
    rgasuk Posts: 89
    no mate , the seller did say they didnt when i spoke to him , which i couldnt understand if they were returns then shurley they havnt been registered ?, it put me of anyway.
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
    Past - Scott spark , caadx ultegra , canyon ultimate cf slx ,trek madone , ridley x-fire , giant Defy, giant trance
  • Can you still buy the CF SLX under the sponsorship deal? usually knocks of £400 off list price.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Wudster
    Can you still buy the CF SLX under the sponsorship deal? usually knocks of £400 off list price.
    Never heard of that scheme... :?
  • ^Just need to show a scan of your licence through British Cycling membership.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles