On-One Inbred

2»

Comments

• Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    Looks real nice, what travel is the fork? Only criticism is how the writing on the tyres doesn't match up with that on the wheels. Spoils it a little bit.
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    Haha, im not that Anal :P
    But might sort it when I get around to it :)

The forks are only 100mm travel. Good enough for what I ride. :)
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Dawesy92 wrote:
    Other bonus is that in the next month of so i should have a new set of wheels, currently e-mailing a few places about possible builds as i know what i want now, not putting them together myself though as i wouldnt have a clue where to start unfortunatly!! :(

Get as set of white crests with stealth hubs from Superstar for £180.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Dawesy92
    Gonna go with hope hubs I think.. want purple but dont know if it would go or not.. "/

Have to wait and see what the funds allow when I get around to do it. :)
  • Dawesy92
    Well little update, not as planned, but the forks are off to Mojo tomorrow for a little TLC and a service :)
    Will drop some new pictures up when they're back :)
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Looks good! I'm looking at getting an Inbred frame - how do you find it?

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Dawesy92
    Realy good mate. Not had many off road rides once around sherwood pines and one for round cannock. But they fee great really lively too whih I wasnt expecting!! Really worth the small amount of money as to what they cost!! Buy one... ;-)
  • declan1
    Dawesy92 wrote:
    Realy good mate. Not had many off road rides once around sherwood pines and one for round cannock. But they fee great really lively too whih I wasnt expecting!! Really worth the small amount of money as to what they cost!! Buy one... ;-)

That's good to hear! I'm not too keen on full suspension so far - it appears the shock bushings on my frame have worn and they cost (from what I can find) about £20 each to replace. Also it's amazingly slow on the climbs and it feels almost too easy on the descents!

Currently saving for a hardtail frame so the Inbred is definitely top of my list now :mrgreen:

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• Dawesy92
    For £140 brand new I would mate! I got mine on boxing day in the sale for aboiy £115 & ive got no complaints!! :)
  • declan1
    Dawesy92 wrote:
    For £140 brand new I would mate! I got mine on boxing day in the sale for aboiy £115 & ive got no complaints!! :)

Definitely! Can't wait now :D

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• declan1
    Just ordered the frame :D

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• Dawesy92
    Good lad!! What colour?
  • declan1
    Dawesy92 wrote:
    Good lad!! What colour?

I've gone for black as everything I have currently is black so it should swap over nicely!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• Dawesy92
    Ahh cool, I was gonna have black, but the mrs talked me into white, and im glad I did as its a pearl white and looks really nice!! :)
  • declan1
    Dawesy92 wrote:
    Ahh cool, I was gonna have black, but the mrs talked me into white, and im glad I did as its a pearl white and looks really nice!! :)

I would love to have an orange one but they don't do them anymore :(

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• Dawesy92
    declan1 wrote:
    Dawesy92 wrote:

I would love to have an orange one but they don't do them anymore :(

They do a green one.. but have no idea what it looks like as ive never seen it.. taunching green or something...?
  • declan1
    It's actually quite a nice green:
    inbred006.jpg

I hadn't seen it until I searched just now!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• Dawesy92
    Nah, not too my taste, as you can see from my build I preffer bright greens!! :)
  • declan1

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• Dawesy92
    So after some thinking, Shes going up for sale sometime soon. If anyones interested, let me know! :-)
  • Dawesy92
    Right change in direction now, no longer up for sale, fox forks have gone, just waiting for a few parts to arrive then I'll get some fresh pics up, also hoping on a very big parcel sometime this week ;)
  • declan1
    Dawesy92 wrote:
    Right change in direction now, no longer up for sale, fox forks have gone, just waiting for a few parts to arrive then I'll get some fresh pics up, also hoping on a very big parcel sometime this week ;)

Ooh! Can't wait to see :D

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• Dawesy92
    So then, the time has now come to update this thread with new pictures on how the bike stands now.

I have a new bike on order hoping to get her soon to get out trail riding again, as not this bike will be used as my roadie and commuter.

So the fox forks got sold, also took the clip pedals off and the Girlfriend will be using this, also parent wants to to take it to France when they go in the summer (more reason for buying a new bike :lol: )

So heres a few pictures, (i apologize now for terrible pics)

Pedals -

20140428_173204.jpg

20140428_173229.jpg

Also swapped the tyres to soem Maxxis DTH (very smooth & Light)

20140429_202916.jpg

20140429_202901.jpg

20140429_202846.jpg

I also got my hands on a brand new set of DMR Trailblade forks in white, didnt take any pics of these till they where on the bike as im too impatient, also dropped my old stem back on, keeping the green one for the new bike...

So here's some finished pics, also the grips will be being changed soon, to my orginal white lizard skins, but im sure you dont need pics of that too..... :lol:

20140506_174346.jpg

20140506_174354.jpg

20140506_174401.jpg

20140506_174408.jpg

20140506_182754.jpg

20140506_182831.jpg

Only other part that has been changed is the tubes, to some Pro-Light Slime tubes.

Thing left to do are as ive said change the grips, put the front brake back on when i have the adaptor that i need (on order), and then get the bearings changed in the hubs and they are both about screwed... Oh and also get a new weight.

Hope you like, comments welcome!
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Like the look of that very much! That fork looks good on that frame.

Rigid FTW :P
  • Dawesy92
    Like the look of that very much! That fork looks good on that frame.

Rigid FTW :P

Cheers matey, im happy with them tbh, only had a coast around the street after putting them on, they seem alright, main test is when the brakes on and see what flex they give off. Hopfully none or very little.

Its never going to be the lightest bike (steel frame & forks) but im no weight weenie, I have power in the legs, may aswell use it!!

May look at changing the cranks to a triple if I can find a cheapish set sometime. Will have to see :)
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Should be a tough fork, as i think they are a DJ fork if im not wrong? If so then probably no flexing hopefully.

Steel frame + fork should make for a forgiving ride. Steel bikes make a better commuter/road bike than Aluminium ones in my experience :)

Just looking at the pictures again, i think you might have a bit of trouble in the traffic with those handlebars, haha!
  • Dawesy92
    [quote="GT-Arrowhead"

Just looking at the pictures again, i think you might have a bit of trouble in the traffic with those handlebars, haha![/quote]

Quite possibly si my friend. Used to use it to ride to work anyway though, so should have no problems for now :-)
  • Dawesy92
    Bad news then may be sending the forks back as the tabs for mounting the caliper are bent slightly as I cant get tge caliper to mount right :(

Waiting to hear back from winstanly bikes..
  • Dawesy92
    Right, so little bit of an update.. heard back from Winstanley bikes, and i got the forks replaced, they where deleiverd yesterday and ive just fitted them again, good news being that now the front brake can be used properly, not bothering with any pics as it looks the same just with my front brake in place, and im sure you all know what one of them looks like!! :D

Not sure of any other upgrades apart from getting the bearings replaced in both wheels as they are a little loose!!