Ribble Gran Fondo. Value for money?

1964johnr
1964johnr Posts: 179
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
Big birthday in March. Treating myself to first carbon frame bike. Looked at Kuota Kharma with SRAM Force £1700, Pinarello FP Uno 105 sale price at Evans £1850 and Ribble Gran Fondo with Shimano 105 at £1250 with a compact chain set and upgraded Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels. It seems to obvious that the Grand Fondo is the value for money option. Anyone got any views?

Comments

• Yeah not bad. Lots of folks ride ribbles. Have a look at the Dolan etape or Planet X, Pauls cycles they often have big discounts on cannondales and giants, and canyon.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    It's a very decent bike and I would also have a look at what Canyon have to offer - they don't offer options, so it's a bit of pot luck whether you get a package which ticks all the boxes.

Peter
  • It is a great bike, had one for the last three years and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great for munching up the miles. I am 5'10" (1.78) and had a large on their recommendation. Used it for Dragon Ride, and a number of other lumpy sportives. Never had any problems until some twunt knicked it!

The pricing is always keen, particularly if you are using the special edition. I am now looking for a new bike but because Ribble no longer use SRAM group sets am looking at other manufacturers, ( I think Ultegra is an ugly chainset) otherwise I would grab another GF in a heart beat.
    Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
    Ribble Gran Fondo