New Racing bike advice

antonio95
antonio95 Posts: 25
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
Hello, I've been riding a Trek 1200(2008 I think) wich suit me really well with a 56cm frame but had to replace the seat tube cause I have very long legs(My new bike would be a 58cm or 56cm). what do you think of this bike? Is it good for a racing bike(not pro races but quite good races)?
31-1301-CAR-SIDE.JPG
31-1301-SIZING.gif
The bike has this specs Bottom Bracket:FSA MegaEXO, external bearing
Brakes: Tektro
Cassette: Shimano 105, 11/25T
Chain: KMC X10
Crankset: FSA Omega Compact, 50/34T
Fork: Full ScMT 12 carbon fiber fork, carbon steerer
Frame: Full ScMT 12 carbon fiber, matte finish, standard headtube, double water bottle mounts, replaceable rear derailleur hanger
Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra
Grips/Tape: Velo
Handlebar: Alloy, 31.8mm clamp
Headset: Integrated
Levers: Shimano 105
Pedals: None
Rack Mounts: None
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105, 10-speed
Saddle: Velo
Seatpost: Alloy, 1-bolt adjust
Shifters: Shimano 105 STi
Stem: Alloy, 31.8mm clamp
Tires: Kenda Kadence
Wheelset: Alloy 700c
Rating: 4
Do you think it would work nice as a racing bike or better I spend a bit more and buy an 2013 Altamira 2.0 Le?
Thank you :)

Comments

• Checks urban dictionary for Scat…...
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Cat 4 maybe. Depends how good your legs are. Cat 3 or above.....chances are others are pretty well specced bikes with better wheels and drive trains. more of a sportive bike in my eyes.

Fact the wheels are described as "alloy" tells me they are a lead/concrete alloy not worth sh1t.
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    I know nothing about that bike, so all I have to offer is that, unless you got a hacksaw and welding kit out, you replaced your seat post and not your seat tube.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • If it's racing I would prefer better brakes and at least 105, ideally better, and decent wheels.

If it's circuit racing avoiding carbon is maybe wise

Buying from lbs / test riding always good idea

Similar post/discussion here viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=12952790
  • Scattante - in house brand of Performance Bikes in the US.

OP, are you based in the US? I don't know where you'd get one of these in Europe...