shimano bb/ ultegra crank set of trek 1 series?

lizzylad84
lizzylad84 Posts: 26
edited January 2014 in Workshop
just looking for info as to what shimano bb i need if i were to put ultegra chrainset on my 2013 trek 1.5?

Comments

• patrickf
    patrickf Posts: 536
    lizzylad84 wrote:
    just looking for info as to what shimano bb i need if i were to put ultegra chrainset on my 2013 trek 1.5?
    If it's the same as my 2011 Trek 1.5 then it's a 68mm BSA BB. Any normal Shimano HollowTech II (road) ones will do.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Can't tell from the Trek website what kind of BB shell the 2013 1.5 has, but it says the crankset is an FSA Vero. On the FSA website it looks like that means a JIS square taper, so I'm assuming the BB shell is a standard 68mm BS threaded affair.

If that is the case then any Shimano Hollowtech 2 road BB will do. (Assuming the Ultegra chainset is also HT2 and not some older Octalink or square taper jobbie.)
  • On my 2011 Trek 1.5 I fitted a Shimano Hollowtech 2 road BB so I don't think you will have any issues unless there is a major difference between the 2011 and 2013 model.
  • patrickf
    patrickf Posts: 536
    keef66 wrote:
    Can't tell from the Trek website what kind of BB shell the 2013 1.5 has, but it says the crankset is an FSA Vero. On the FSA website it looks like that means a JIS square taper, so I'm assuming the BB shell is a standard 68mm BS threaded affair.

If that is the case then any Shimano Hollowtech 2 road BB will do. (Assuming the Ultegra chainset is also HT2 and not some older Octalink or square taper jobbie.)
    The 2011 came with a FSA Vero chainset too so sounds like BSA as you say.