What's a good bike rack these days?

martylaa
martylaa Posts: 147
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
Lookng for a 2-3 bike rack and I am not sure what's a good one these days, used to have a Saris Bones before and didn't really like that model, anyone recommend something?

Comments

• I got one of these Mont Blanc BikeCarrier RearTrek S3 and very pleased with it so far -

http://www.montblancgroup.com/en/bike-c ... easy-go-11

I got mine cheap as a returned item (damaged box never used) but would have been happy even at rrp - things I like about it: feels very solid when fitted, takes bikes of all sizes and different top tube shapes/configurations (including kids bikes with v small frames), once assembled fits in five minutes or so, the weight is held through the wheels so the tube clamps are fitted very light as they are only required to stop the bikes moving back and forth, doesn't obscure the car's rear lights so no need for a separate light bar. My wife's and two kids bikes go on this one on the back and mine on the roof on a Thule I already had.
  • There are a few good racks about, but it would help if we knew a little more.
    What sort of distances are you likely to be carrying bikes? A couple of miles to the local park or half way across Europe?
    What car and do you change frequently?
    Do you have a tow bracket? What type - swan neck or bolt-on?
    Any height restrictions you need to negotiate?

Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)