Budget identiti Dr Jekyll build

danchandler
danchandler Posts: 63
edited January 2014 in Your mountain bikes
I built this for a bit of fun, needs a chain device and some better brakes to finish it off. I built it for £186 quid, using quite a few parts I had sitting around in't shed, and a few cheap purchases. Spec as follows

Dr Jekyll ads frame
06 marzocchi dj3 forks
Rear halo xcite rim on a hope bulb hub, 36h
Front mavic 223 disk rim on a specialized stout hub, 32h
Truvativ ruktion cranks, howitzer xr bb, onza mg-1 pedals
Shimano deore cassette and chain
Lx 9 speed rear mech, xt shifter
DMR moto digger 26x2.35 tyres front and rear (not shown on this pic)
Tryall trials bars, 720mm wide 10* back sweep 10* upsweep
Truvativ stem
Echo tr trials rear brake, basically a hope mini mono copy
Avid bb7 front brake, avid sd7 lever, linear slic cable
Aztec wavy rotors. 180mm front, 160mm rear
Odi longneck grips

Sorry for the blurred pic, photobucket did it
ccbd4abe2a315f7eaf007c536db327ca_zps6943e085.jpg
2011 carrera fury
2012 20" onza genesis trials bike
2014 carrera virtuoso road bike

Comments

• I went out yesterday with a mate, its hopeless as at Xc as I expected, due to the really short reach and small frame size, but on the downhill bits it was awesome. Changes direction so fast and handles so well its unbelievable. And it jumps rather well as well, which is to be expected. Does need better brakes though. And maybe a chain device. Needs sintered pads, as I've got organics in, they came off a trials bike. Apart from that, I'm well impressed
    2011 carrera fury
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    I use my Chucker for XC and its fine. It doesnt look much different from your Identiti proportion and setup wise (im assuming you lifted the seat up) ?

How was the frame size holding you back on the XC bits?
  • I thinks its the really short reach, my back was killing after 10mins riding, and that's with the seat as high as it would go.
    My carrera Xc bike is a large frame, and has a 100mm stem, so it's quite stretched out and feels fairly comfortable. But this is really short, and as a result you are fairly cramped up as it has a 60mm flat stem. Think it would be better with something like a 90x35 stem on, get the bars a bit higher and further out, as I like my bikes to have a fairly high front end.
    2011 carrera fury