Whats your total bike weight?

BMKN
BMKN Posts: 222
edited December 2013 in Road general
Curious to know what everyone's bike weighs. I weighed my bike with everything on it as I would ride it in a club spin and clocks at 23lbs including bottle and its full carbon.

Comments

• 17.7lb with empty bottle
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Never weighed the main bike, but at least 11kg. Comfort over weight in my game.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Wyndy is 13lbs w/RZR's.
    Foil is 16.5lbs w/32h Archetypes
    Plasma 3 is 18.7 w/trispoke+disc
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    Lightest is 6.5kgs.
    Heaviest (touring bike also used for the commute) is about 15kgs.
    The others are probably between 7 and 10kgs.

Rob
  • Winter, 9.5 kgs
    TT bike 8.2 kgs
    Best Bike 6.1 kg
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    23.1 lbs fully loaded for riding a few hours before water bottles. It is a 62cm frame and fine for my 16 stone / 6ft6+.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited December 2013
    15lb,15oz (not bottles and saddle bag) :P
    It will lose a little weight after Xmas with DA cassette and pedals upgrade.
  • I don't have an exact weight, but I will guess around 12kg or so without any accessories.
  • BMKN wrote:
    Curious to know what everyone's bike weighs. I weighed my bike with everything on it as I would ride it in a club spin and clocks at 23lbs including bottle and its full carbon.

23lb :shock: - A 531c Steel Bike only weighed 21lb (in racing mode) in the 80s !
  • My bike is 10 year old and weight 10.8kg without pedals. With full equipment (water, aerobars, pump, etc), it's 13kg.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    my main bike weighs 7.2kg Which for the price is pretty good. I ride with some people who ride bikes that weigh around 6kg and cost a fortune. Thing is they are all fat b@stards which kind of defeats the point. I still weigh less (me+bike) on my winter alu bike than they do on their boutique bikes. I weigh 68kg so I can out climb them easily. :-)
  • Race bike - 15.1 lbs
    Winter bike - 22 lbs with guards on
  • BMKN
    I always see guys in my club with these 14 16lb bikes and they all weigh much more than me also. I jeep up with them also. Considering upgrading to a 16lb bike to really floor em
  • simon_masterson
    simon_masterson Posts: 2,740
    edited December 2013
    About 12kg for the main bike. The wheels are stout 27 inchers and my pedals are about as heavy duty as Shimano makes (M545), so I could get it down to about 10kg or so if I wanted, I would think. It's not very important. I'm 6'0 and 63kg. (not at Christmas, anyway ;))
  • Foil 10 is sub 6 kg (inc Record, Zipp 303 tubs)
    Cento Uno is probably around 6.5 kg (Super Record and RSYS SLR's)

I'm about 66kg so it's all win for me :lol: ;-)
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Tifosi Ck7 Old Record c/set, Veloce, Ritchey 400mm s/pin,deda bars/stem/centaur ergo.silca frame pump,36 miche on ambrosia/michelin pro4,Lezyne lights 'topeak bag inc chain spliter,tyre levers.3 inner tubes sks mudguards,cheap selle italia saddle,full 750ml bottle 8) weight 27lbs or 12Kg for a 61cm frame.
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    4.9 Kg ! sans pedals

I doubt anyone will beat that on a production machine. Not mine, but tested in 'Le cycle' this month German Stevens Comet SL with Dura Ace Di2 and Lightweight Meilenstein Obermayer Wheelset.

If bikes loose any more weight they'll be in lighter than air territory and float away unless tied down :shock:
  • adamfo wrote:
    4.9 Kg ! sans pedals

I doubt anyone will beat that on a production machine. Not mine, but tested in 'Le cycle' this month German Stevens Comet SL with Dura Ace Di2 and Lightweight Meilenstein Obermayer Wheelset.

If bikes loose any more weight they'll be in lighter than air territory and float away unless tied down :shock:

If you were going to build a super lightweight bike then you wouldn't put Di2 (the heaviest top end group on the market) and Lightweight Obermeyer's on it.

Stevens didn't either

http://www.stevensbikes.de/2013/index.p ... lang=en_US
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    adamfo wrote:
    4.9 Kg ! sans pedals

If you were going to build a super lightweight bike then you wouldn't put Di2 (the heaviest top end group on the market) and Lightweight Obermeyer's on it.

Stevens didn't either

Download the magazine and see for yourself.

http://magazine3k.com/magazine/for-kids ... -2014.html
  • adamfo wrote:
    adamfo wrote:
    4.9 Kg ! sans pedals

Stevens didn't either

That makes no sense. If you want to build a light bike you don't put Di2 bits on it and those Lightweights are not lightweight compared to some wheels on the market now.

Download the magazine and see for yourself.

http://magazine3k.com/magazine/for-kids ... -2014.html
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I have no idea what my bikes weigh.
    One is light (carbon fibre, super record, light carbon tubular wheels)
    other is heavy - ribble winter with athena and cheap wheels, guards and rear rack.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Weight isnt that important in the scheme of things for most of us.

That said - 23lbs for a full carbon bike - is it mahooosive - or solid tyres ?
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    its one thing for a frame to be light but is it functional? By that I mean is it comfortable, stiff and balanced? It could ride like an absolute dog. I think I would be more likely to trust a bike from a more experienced builder with a hisrory of success and proven quality.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    By steel bike with Pedals and bottle cages weighs 8.45Kg 18.6 pounds
  • BMKN
    Well its full carbob but with nothing custom so stock wheels etc. Its It's also my commuter bike. Im saving for a 16lb bike next year hope to see speed improvements. As I weigh 66kg at 5ft 10" so cant lose any more weight.
  • BMKN wrote:
    Well its full carbob but with nothing custom so stock wheels etc. Its It's also my commuter bike. Im saving for a 16lb bike next year hope to see speed improvements. As I weigh 66kg at 5ft 10" so cant lose any more weight.

If you want to see speed improvements, you want to improve your aerodynamics, not lose weight.
  • BMKN wrote:

If you want to see speed improvements, you want to improve your aerodynamics, not lose weight.

:roll:
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    BMKN wrote:

I'm 79Kg and half an inch taller I obviously have a lot of weight to loose :)
  • FatTed wrote:
    BMKN wrote:

I'm 79Kg and half an inch taller I obviously have a lot of weight to loose :)

If you were both kidnapped by Dave Brailsford and subjected to Sky boot camp, you would probably both lose weight (including losing muscle not needed for cycling). I'm taller still (6'0) and at what I consider to be my ideal weight (63-64kg) am lighter still, but even then could probably be lighter. If you want to lose weight, cycle before breakfast.