my commuter from istanbul what are you opinions?

volkanturk
volkanturk Posts: 6
edited January 2014 in Commuting general
I bought my bicycle one year ago i prepare it for city touring
28 inc
700 35c swallow semi slick
Butterfly handle bar
Mega range casette
Bmx alluminium pedals
Abs brakes
Antiflat liquit in tires
Sr suntour swing shock
Kmc 30 chain
Aliminyum back bag
Mud guards

Comments

• MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Check your saddle height, it looks a bit low.
    Istambul seems to have the biggest potholes of any city I have seen.
  • I like the upright position, i changed my rigid fork with suntour swing
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Having lived in Istanbul for 12 years, I'd recommend good life insurance and a mask
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A different take on commuting, what is most important is that it suites you and your needs, if you have no real hills on your commute, then weight isn't an issue.

That looks set up for a relatively relaxed commute (12-16kph average) and it will suite that fine.

I'd ask yourself if you really need the front suspension though, it adds a lot of weight.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Sr suntour swing shock weighs 1300g it is lesser than my rigid steel fork and it has more fork rake and now i am more happy with handling like a dream....no more pain on shoulders..
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My alloy forks are 650g........but it's what suites you that counts.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Some close up shots of my horse
  • Some more
  • Commuting from Istanbul every day has got to really take it out of you. Kudos.