Planet X Pro Carbon Upgrade question

Alpina007
Alpina007 Posts: 106
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
I am going to order a Planet x Pro Carbon and would really like some advice if I should be looking at the option to upgrade the bike when ordering.

I was thinking about the seatpost specifically, would it make a noticeble difference to upgrade to carbon?
I have also noticed some comments regarding the chainset not being Ultegra, thats a £70.00 upgrade.

Any thoughts appreciated

Comments

• petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Seatpost and chainset will most likely make little/no difference. Buy it, ride it, then change the tyres to something better in the spring, tyres will make the biggest change to comfort, handling and feel and it's a relatively cheap upgrade. You may want to change the saddle too and if you spot a bargain on a carbon seatpost then treat yourself later.

I always think it's best to ride the bike first, see what you don't like or if something bugs you, enjoy the little upgrades as you go.
  • PeteMadoc wrote:
    Seatpost and chainset will most likely make little/no difference. Buy it, ride it, then change the tyres to something better in the spring, tyres will make the biggest change to comfort, handling and feel and it's a relatively cheap upgrade. You may want to change the saddle too and if you spot a bargain on a carbon seatpost then treat yourself later.

I always think it's best to ride the bike first, see what you don't like or if something bugs you, enjoy the little upgrades as you go.

That sounds sensible :lol: Thanks