Mad fiber Carbon wheelset

sloppyschleckonds
sloppyschleckonds Posts: 8,019
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
I see Wiggle have reduced these in price

mad-fiber-wheels-med.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

Is there anything comparable for the price/ weight 1085 gm. They also come with a 4 year warranty, which I'm guessing Wiggle will honour.

Ideally I'm looking for something less than 45mm but may be swayed. Also considering HED's & Enve.

This is for riding the odd Sportive on my Trek 2.1 and chasing the occasional STRAVA Kom.

TIA

Any advise welcome.
I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    When they say warranty, you need to check how they would deal with a failure as they obviously can't be returned to manufacturers.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    When they say warranty, you need to check how they would deal with a failure as they obviously can't be returned to manufacturers.

I've asked the question, now waiting for Wiggle to clarify. And also what constitutes a 'failure'.
  • This seems to support the rumours saying the reason the company went bust was the staggering cost involved in dealing with returns... but this is internet rumours, so I have no idea how much of it is true

http://forums.bicycling.com/topic/ya-go ... -mad-fiber
    left the forum March 2023
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Stay away from the clinchers as they had all sorts of issues. The tubs were good with the exception of the occasional hub issue.

edit- Are you seriously considering these for your Trek 2.1? Spend them money on a better frame...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Not nearly cheap enough for a premium product with no manufacturer back-up.

They'd be worth a punt at £500 or so, at the most, even then I'd rather buy something I'm confident with.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,622
    ^^^this for the tubs

wouldn't touch the clinchers with a bargepole
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I wouldn't touch either the tubs or clinchers with a barge pole tbh...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331

This is for riding the odd Sportive on my Trek 2.1 and chasing the occasional STRAVA Kom.

Unsure if this is a wind up?

I guess if you really really want them and like the look then go for it but I think you'd be mad.
  • I have other bikes, but the Trek would benefit most ;)
  • Update from Wiggle, only 1 year warranty.

<crossesofflist>
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    I think the clue is in the name.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    <crossesofflist>

Booo I was looking forward to seeing the Trek souped up with some badass Mad Fibre wheels.