rust on dropout! on my new pinarello dogma 60.1

wayneedwards
wayneedwards Posts: 9
edited December 2013 in Workshop
hi! I'm new to this forum!

i've had my pinarello dogma 60.1 for about 4 weeks now and i was cleaning it today when i came across some minor rust on the drop out! what i have noticed is there's a slight layer of lacquer on the drop out so either it's underneath the lacquer or just a nasty stain however tried to remove the stain/rust to see if its just surface but it's well stuck on there.

should i worry about this or is it just cosmetic! if it's nothing to worry about im happy to just leave it, it's in a confined area!

Many thanks!
yours sincerely

Wayne

Comments

• The frame and dropouts are carbon so cannot rust? Maybe from the wheel axles?
  • ok thanks for instant reply! i did check the wheel axles there fine rust free, but i will leave it ad keep my eye on it i did put and extra layer of lacquer just to slow it down if not stop it from spreading though

many thanks
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Photo?

As the man says, they're CFRP dropouts so will not rust. There is no steel in the construction of this frame AFAIK. Are you sure it's rust?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • DesWeller wrote:
    Photo?

As the man says, they're CFRP dropouts so will not rust. There is no steel in the construction of this frame AFAIK. Are you sure it's rust?

well now you say there's not steel then no i'm not shure but after a wet ride i must have put the bike upside down and it must have dripped behind the thin layer of lacquer! but i painted over it now but if it gets worse i will come to you guys because you seem to know what your talking about!, i think it's just a stain.

at least i'm not worrying now! sounds like i's just cosmetic that's all i love my pinarello! it's an amazing bike

many thanks!