Does Chris Froome train around Bolton ?

Dudders29
Dudders29 Posts: 171
edited December 2013 in Road general
Coz I'm sure he overtook me on Scout Road this morning at about 11.40. I thought he lived in Monaco but he may be over for crimbo.

Comments

• dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Dudders29 wrote:
    Coz I'm sure he overtook me on Scout Road this morning at about 11.40. I thought he lived in Monaco but he may be over for crimbo.

If he is not in Monaco surly he went home to Kenya for Christmas, I think wiggo has gone back home to Germany as well. What makes you think it was froome, was he staring at your stem when he passed?
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    He is not in the UK at the moment.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Dowtcha wrote:
    I think wiggo has gone back home to Germany as well.

Germany??
  • dowtcha
    Imposter wrote:
    Dowtcha wrote:
    I think wiggo has gone back home to Germany as well.

Germany??

My mistake he's gone home to Ghent in Belgium. :wink:
  • Probably a lookalike... I had a friend frontman of the "Only Stones", he had all the Jagger moves... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • dowtcha
    Why does a front man for a stone roses tribute band have jagger moves ?
  • Dowtcha wrote:
    Why does a front man for a stone roses tribute band have jagger moves ?

Not those Only Stones, Rolling Stones tribute.... a much older local band pre-ageing internet... we are talking 1990 or so
    left the forum March 2023
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Dudders29 wrote:

No chance!

But there are a LOT of seriously good (compared to us lot) young amateurs around our way.

The other day I was chuffing up a hill towards my limit, thinking I'm doing really well (and I'm not too bad a climber) and three young lads who were clearly young pros / youth riders just sailed past rapidly, all the time chatting and laughing to each other non stop and not breaking a sweat at all, so relaxed.

Brings you back to earth with a bump when these guys go past!

I've seen wiggins out once locally, and several times a year I glimpse Team GB riders and on occasion Sky Riders who I couldn't identify (either that, or people very dedicated to dressing 100% like a Sky rider, right down to the colour matched Pinarello!)

It's not a bad area to train, but I suspect places in Europe are 100% better, and would only ever choose to train locally when visiting the Velodrome or family / friends nearby.
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    Dudders29 wrote:

If it wasn't Froome then there's a poor bugger riding round Bolton looking like a dogs dinner on a bike
  • LegendLust wrote:
    Dudders29 wrote:

If it wasn't Froome then there's a poor bugger riding round Bolton looking like a dogs dinner on a bike

The description is 'ugly spider' :lol:
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    The best description I heard of Froome's climbing stye (possibly heard it on here - cant recall) was "a granny pushing a trolley whilst holding a phone between her ear and shoulder".

It perfectly describes his style!!
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    Secteur wrote:
    The best description I heard of Froome's climbing stye (possibly heard it on here - cant recall) was "a granny pushing a trolley whilst holding a phone between her ear and shoulder".

It perfectly describes his style!!

You forgot to add "whilst looking at his stem"

http://chrisfroomelookingatstems.tumblr.com/