700 x 18-25c and then 700 x 18-28c?

Manc33
Manc33 Posts: 2,157
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
Seen some Schwalbe inner tubes, one model is a "SV15-EL" thats 18-28c and one is a "SV20-EL" thats 18-25c.

I don't get it.

My tyres are 25c so I would get the 18-25c assuming its a better fit than 18-28c but, the 18-28c ones are about a quid cheaper.

Comments

• crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    The SV20 is roughly 40 grams lighter than the SV15. Less rubber = more money. :?
  • ... and is this dilemma worth a thread in itself? :roll:
    left the forum March 2023
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    After reading the race sock thread this was like reading ulysses.
  • Bit up your own ass sometimes Ugo? No such thing as a stupid question, especially in cycling where things can be pretty confusing for newcomers.

Back on topic, the 18c - 28c tubes will fit a wider range of tires better. I've used 18 - 25c tubes in 35c CX tires and it has done the job, but you can feel the difference in tire profile compared with a 25 - 35c tube. In this case, either would be fine. One is cheaper, and one is lighter.
  • lewiskinch wrote:
    Bit up your own ass sometimes Ugo? No such thing as a stupid question, especially in cycling where things can be pretty confusing for newcomers.

Probably... most of the many questions the OP has asked over the past week have a quick answer on google... if one seeks further advice, then he can open a thread... but asking a forum every time something pops to mind is a bit lazy.

Don't forget people take time to give advice and this is a resource that shouldn't be abused, or people will get fed up of giving advice... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Asking a "dumb" question and it getting answered is where Google currently gets all its answers from. :P

I can't Google stuff, I am terrible at finding the right words to search.

The original question was more to do with 'if a 18-28 inner tube exists then what purpose could a 18-25 have'. OK weight, but I could look at the specs of both and still not put 2 and 2 together that its the weight.

Ugo has always been helpful in all the posts I have seen him make considering I do endlessly mither lol.