chistmas day ride????

tapscrew
tapscrew Posts: 56
edited December 2013 in Road general
So come on guys- who rides on Chrismas day, and why, is it for pleasure? (I hope so) or penance for Christmas dinner!

Comments

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,340
    Probably not Christmas Day, but planning a family Boxing Day ride, which we did last year.
    Will depend on the floods though!
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Yep, from about 9:30 for 90mins. Purely to get some calm before the storm.
  • ill be going for a run probably 10k before dinner just to get out the house then planning a jolly on boxing day well fingers crossed any way
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Yep, got a nice little route planned for a couple of hours, otherwise I'd just be sat at home, doing sod all and being accused of getting in the way :lol:
  • Hope to get a quick ride in first thing in the morning
  • Yes will be out for about 20 miles. Then on my return my wife will go for a run. All done while juggling kids family and food.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    After opening pressies, church at 10.30, hoping to get out for an hour before lunch. There will be no chance after.
    Forecast is ok and better for Boxing Day when I hope to get 2 hours in
  • Oh the joys of empty roads….
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • 20 miles Xmas day morning unless I wake up late
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    Mrs mpatts and I will be out for sure.
    Insert bike here:
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,629
    No, I will be brushing up on my spelling.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Yes just to get out and ride.
  • Yes, it means I can leave the relatives early "as I want to be home before dark".

We eat in the evening at home so it will work up an appetite.
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    I'll be heading out shortly, one of the best days of the year to ride for me as the roads are nice and quiet.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Yep, it's nice out. Don't have to be anywhere until 12. GAME ON!
  • milleman
    milleman Posts: 181
    Heading out in 20 mins for a few hours, weather looks good!

Merry xmas all!
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Not today as far too busy being the resident tech geek in the house and setting up IPads etc. Will get out for a quiet run for a few hours tomorrow.

Merry Xmas to all.
    Brian B.
  • dread_i1
    dread_i1 Posts: 178
    Lots of family and food today. But will be out tomorrow morning.
  • Just been out for a couple of hours, brilliant weather and lovely quite roads.

Merry Xmas All.
  • Would love to be out but im afraid im at work on a late shift today.H.M. Prisons.Done a little work out first thing though.Abs etc.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    http://www.strava.com/activities/101821058

just a short one before church... as much as i could squeeze in without risking a divorce. Quite tiring saying Merry Christmas to everyone i met!
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    http://app.strava.com/activities/101830611

The weather in the north west was superb this morning, it's just a shame the wife threw herself on the ground at 20 mph, no harm done though, the bike didn't suffer any damage at all.
  • 28 mile ride today had to start earlyish cos of xmas dinner, bits of frost about but no ice or so i thought then on mini roundabout suddenly the front wheel tucks under and i was on my arse, nice 3 inch dia gravel rash and bruise on my left butt cheek but at least my phone and Edge 800 got away unscathed or i would have been really pissed off,bike scuffed but rideable, cant complain though its only the 2nd off in nearly 8yrs on the road bikes.
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    Did 50 miles this afternoon. Surprisingly busy considering i'm out in the sticks, riding round Dalby forest and the edge of the moors. More so than on a weekday. But it was very on and off. Wouldn't see anyone for ages, and then at lunch time cars were swarming around me as everyone and their dog was off to visit some relatives for Christmas dinner, then nothing for a few hours and then another mass exodus at around 3.30pm.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Managed a quick spin, felt great to be out and it would have been rude not to try my new saddle (although I did have a comedy moment when it tipped up and needed a tighten). Unfortunately, the ride did reveal that my broken hand needs another week or so before I should be out riding properly :(

Ho hum, Merry Chrimbo :)
  • Went to the in laws this morning and on the way home Emma dropped me of and i ran across the cliffs here https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=huntc ... B660%3B240
    55 min run beautiful weather .I have run on Xmas day for the last 25 years.
    Plan a ride tomorrow.
    all the best
    copmliments of the season
    regards ILG
  • The OH and I went up to Richmond Park this morning - I did three laps (so about 26 miles in all including there and back) and she did two. Cold but lovely, though I did get rained on a bit on the last lap. Wish it was that quiet all the time!
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I assume your son is 8...

I had a cheeky 19 miler. Actually my first ride this month!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Blue skies,no wind,empty roads.(33 miles).
    I wish it could be Christmas everyday.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Hoping the flood waters have dropped a bit - everywhere is either flooded or covered in poo (literally).