Best all round option. Ksyrium elite or equipe 2014 versions

tom3
tom3 Posts: 287
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
For general riding, sportives and the odd race. Which would be advised?

Comments

• gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    I've got the equippe that cane with my canyon nothing special for elite money consider a set if hand built hoops ala wheelsmith race 23 or maybe tap up ugo or cycle clinic who often post on here you won't go far wrong .
  • tom3
    gwillis wrote:
    I've got the equippe that cane with my canyon nothing special for elite money consider a set if hand built hoops ala wheelsmith race 23 or maybe tap up ugo or cycle clinic who often post on here you won't go far wrong .

Sorry, should have expanded better. The bike comes with equipe but you can upgrade to elites for an extra 100 quid. I'd heard somewhere before the elites ride a bit harsh
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    For the extra I'd go elites put sone 25mm tyres on job done .
  • tom3
    gwillis wrote:
    For the extra I'd go elites put sone 25mm tyres on job done .

Good man. Cheers
  • Worth the upgrade, the newer Equipe are dreadful
    left the forum March 2023
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    People/reviewers should be barred from commenting that this wheel rides harsh as it is so subjective and without context of the road that were ridden on tyres used pressures run it is all meaningless drivel. A controlled test these comments are not. You never see controlled test and if you did I bet the difference would be tiny. That would be something good do to as an excerise to see if there really is anything in it. All that would be need is a sensor mounted on the seat stays to log vibratation when riding at a fixed speed on the same bit of road. Same tyres same pressure. I am going to have to look for a sensor. I suspect the difference if any would be very small.

Wider tyres, tyres with a more supple casing or lower pressure is the way to sort ride quality out.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • I've got the 2013 Elites and transformed my bike. From memory there was a decent weight difference over the equippe. Look good too with the silver milled out areas. 5000 miles later, of 15 stone me on iffy roads, pot holes and some very iffy cycle paths (top part of the Tarka Trail anyone?) and they've had no maintenance and still run true.
    Not to say that I've ever tried the equippes so they may be perfectly good, but you'll never be able to upgrade for £100 again once you've got the bike