chainreactioncycles

hobbo31
hobbo31 Posts: 107
edited December 2013 in MTB general
Has anyone noticed on the web site that the price of an item changes if you change the country your in, I'm working in Nigeria and it said that I was in Kenya, it gave the price in British Pounds with 15% discount and £9.99 delivery, I changed it to the UK and the discount went to 5% and free delivery, are they allowed to do this ?
Giant Trance X1 2008
Gary Fisher Cobia 29er 2010
Ribble Road Bike
Giant XTC Composite 29er 2012
Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0 2015

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Of course they can........they can ask what they heck they want, up to you whether you want it or not! The UK is all offered at 'free delivery' (so it's baked into the time price, nothing is free), so they can offer a different price if then charging for delivery.

Get a life springs to mind!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • hobbo31
    What do you mean get a life, it was just a observation and asked a question
    Giant Trance X1 2008
    Ribble Road Bike
  • The Rookie
    Well isn't it pretty obvious they can structure the pricing how they want for two totally different markets, why worry about it, get on with stuff that means something.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Huckfinn
    Huckfinn Posts: 142
    Merry Christmas :)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    ns.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    hobbo31 wrote:
    Has anyone noticed on the web site that the price of an item changes if you change the country your in, I'm working in Nigeria and it said that I was in Kenya, it gave the price in British Pounds with 15% discount and £9.99 delivery, I changed it to the UK and the discount went to 5% and free delivery, are they allowed to do this ?

I believe this infringes your human rights, I think the best course of action is to go protest about it.
  • cooldad wrote:
    ns.jpg

CRC are based in Nigeria....?

I did not know that. :shock:
  • cooldad wrote:
    ns.jpg
    Hi, my names simon and I have £1,000,000 but no where to keep, give me your bank details and I'll store it in there and you can keep half.
  • cooldad
    cooldad wrote:
    ns.jpg

I did not know that. :shock:

No the OP is you dong.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    Or you could try actually reading the first post in the thread, radical idea I know!
  • Or you could recognise humour...? Equally as radical concept I guess. :roll:

Because, CRC are never going to be based in a West African country, are they...?
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Who pissed in your cornflakes today Rookie? :D
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • cooldad
    I blame Wiggle
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    cooldad wrote:
    I blame Wiggle
    Are they based in Nigeria? West Africa must be closer than I thought, as two of my friends cycle to work at Wiggle.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • Bartimaeus wrote:
    two of my friends cycle to work at Wiggle.

Could you do me a favour...?

Punch them. In the face.

Thanks. :D
  • The Rookie
    Or you could recognise humour...? Equally as radical concept I guess. :roll:

Because, CRC are never going to be based in a West African country, are they...?
    You see I thought it may be humour, but I looked and I looked and I just couldn't find any.....maybe someone else took it before I read it?

Or it could by the virus I have has stolen my sense of humour along with my sense of balance (and possibly sense of perspective!)
  • hobbo31
    Sorry lads can't say what i think of your replies, I work here that's for the help NOT
    Giant Trance X1 2008
    Ribble Road Bike
  • cooldad
    hobbo31 wrote:
    Sorry lads can't say what i think of your replies, I work here that's for the help NOT

Is that language Nigerian or Yoda?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • hobbo31
    Had too many Beers too say what I think !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Giant Trance X1 2008
    Ribble Road Bike
This discussion has been closed.