recommend me a good rear tyre stans friendly

goytregrit
goytregrit Posts: 80
edited December 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm running stans. 26er Had no issues with 3 different Maxxis tyres that I've run tubeless. Normally run a 2.25 crossmark on rear but found its just not the best selection in the wet. Use a Medussa in really mud conditions which I find is excellent when i head out on xc mountain winter rides, however I've been a bit lazy and not changed it, so a number of rides on rocky decents and hard trail centres have shredded that a bit prematurely.
I had some conti black chilli barons lying around which I rate and tried to put on as tubeless but there's no way that baby will go on. They are much harder around the bead edge than the Maxxis and I can't persuade them on.
So a tyre like the Baron would be goid . anyone offer any suggestions?

Comments

• I have just put a MK 2.2 on my arch ex rear for some decent grip and i had a bit of trouble sealing it but it has gone on eventually. Nice tyre though.
  • Kendos
  • Schwalbe Nobby Nics - will be a bit tight first time on after that not a problem...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Kendos

Not sure what use martial arts equipment would be. Maybe for DH, but would get a bit sweaty the rest of the time.

kendo.jpg

Kenda make some decent tyres though, and some absolute rubbish. You might want to be more specific.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • maxxis minions are a pretty aggressive tyre like the baron and they are front and rear specific.
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Spent about 3 hours, a roll of yellow tape, 2 different footpumps and 2 different compressors trying to get a Maxxis Beaver 29x2.0 to seat. Put a tube in so I can ride tommorow.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • I find maxxis seat beautifully. I always seat one rim with a tube though.
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I find maxxis seat beautifully. I always seat one rim with a tube though.

The Maxxis Aspen I wanted to replace popped on in about 3 strokes of the pump. this barstard wouldnt play it was just so loose on the rim even with iirc 5 layers of yellow tape. Didnt think of seating bead with a tube first will try that next after my ride tommorow.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap