C59 on ebay

sloppyschleckonds
sloppyschleckonds Posts: 8,019
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
I'm guessing this is a fake/ copy/ replica.

Anyone know faw shaw?

$_35.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141146034820? ... 1423.l2649
I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles

Comments

• I would be at least asking for a look at the invoice before buying, he should be able to email a copy over without any trouble...
  • Agreed, 3 day auction and seller doesn't respond to any questions.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Looks legit to me. Has the right seat collar, headtube cups, headset decals etc. these things are often wrong on fakes.
  • As far as I'm aware, nobody makes fake Colnalgo C59s. It's too much hassle with the carbon lugs etc.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Geez, that's frightening!
    I know imitation is the greatest.... and all that, but i'll stick with the comfort of owning a genuine one, even if it will only get polished until the spring!
    However i am not sure i could tell you what marks out a reel one, unless i had a fake next to it! I just hope it would be pretty obvious, as there is little better out then in finish and subtle form.

Sniff.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Without getting my hands on it and inspecting the construction etc I wouldn't want to hazard a guess. Likewise, I'd want to see a receipt / warranty docs etc.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • djhermer
    djhermer Posts: 328
    If that's real it's stunning. If it was real - and therefore stunning - the seller would be doing it far more justice in his sales pitch. There's no love or knowledge in that listing.

Which suggests it's either fake or stolen.

But then I'm cynical.
  • mrdsgs
    mrdsgs Posts: 337
    bottom bracket threaded alloy sleeve seems to be separate from the carbon shell, or at least it looks like there is a gap. I asked 3 days ago and the seller has not replied!!
    Colnago Addict!
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Or it could not even exist in the first place.

I'd never buy anything of value off eBay until I had established some communication to assure me that it is what it is supposed to be.

It looks right in photos, but it also says electric/mechanical, they've only been doing this in 2014 I think, the 2014 colours are here http://www.thebikeshop.de/C59-Italia/en and that Nero is not a 2014 scheme and the headbadges of the 2014 ones don't have that badge on them (I don't think).

I think there was a period when they were doing 2013 colours on the new frames though, I was certainly offered a TMSR 2013 scheme on a 2014 frame just at the point I ordered mine. These are the kind of things that will become apparent if you get communication and the bloke knows about all these kind of things. (Or if he looks up this thread and regurgitates what I've just typed! :) )
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Also, ask for the Serial Number. Although this can be faked of course. (He should tell you straight away and know where it is on the Frame(

A copy of the invoice and being told where it was purchased from is the best way to make sure, but bear in mind he could look up things like this to make it sound realistic.

There's no reason it can't be legit though, some eBayers are useless, but if there's no communication why take the risk?
  • Nero is a 2014 colour too. There are loads of 2014 colours not on Colnago website. Ingr mapei 12rd Nero etc etc

On the c59 the frame number is on the inside of the rear dropout, ask for a photo of that.

Also I doubt if anyone made a fake of a c59 it would be a trad geo. Colnago hardly sell any themselves.

This is legit IMO. It has the new headset, everything looks right.

It's Xmas the guy is prob just busy with the kids or something!
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    looks legit to me,but what others have said without having it in your hands you just don't know.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap