Iron Horse Headset

greymarauder71
greymarauder71 Posts: 18
edited December 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I have covered a lot of ground understanding headsets, but I am now unsure. Does anybody know exactly what type of headset a 2009 Iron Horse Yakuza Aniki Takes??? The diameter at the top of the tube is 50mm (measured inside the very top of the headtube), and I want to put in a 1 1/8th fork. Do I need a reducer or what? I have heard it is integrated but it looks like it needs cups pressing into it to me...? Thank you to anybody who may be able to help.
Also, I see OD mentioned - the actual outside of the headtube is 60mm if this helps.

Comments

• Crane Creeks headset finder, Google it, is a good tool and will explain it all. I'm not sure 50mm is a standard size 49mm is though, sounds like you would want zero stack pressed fit cups (ZS) 49 mm top and bottom with a standard1 1/8" fork being 28.6mm and 30mm top and bottom respectively.

Giving ZS44/28.6 top and ZS44/30 Bottom headsets, most tapered headset come with two crown races to allow fitment of standard forks though, try superstar or such.