garmin 800 and tablet/android

marjorie dawes
marjorie dawes Posts: 58
edited December 2013 in Workshop
Does anyone know if you can upload from your edge800/500etc to a tablet? or is there a device that you can plug into the garmin usb converting into a Bluetooth/wifi like the new edge810 etc
put the fun between your legs

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    You can connect the Edge 800 as an external drive using a micro usb to usb converter cable. I guess you could then do a manual upload to Garmin Connect.
    More problems but still living....
  • As above, try linking the two with a USB cable and using manual upload.
    If you have trouble with manual upload, you could try uploading to Sportablet - http://www.sportablet.com/
    I use the phone version of Sportablet to upload my Garmin Forerunner to my phone via bluetooth after a race. This then transfers to Garmin Connect and Strava.
  • thanks chaps, I haven't a cable atm, but have had success with saving workout to micro sd then sticking sd in phone, I defo want the cable so I can upload from my garmin running watch too
    put the fun between your legs
  • I've been struggling with this for a while with a nexus 7 and an edge 800, you need an otg cable and I use nexus media importer, I can see the activities but still can't import them. It would be easier if garmin communicator worked but isn't supported on android. I still can't get it to work, one solution is too change the save location of the activities to the SD card before uploading but this didn't work for me. I tried sport tablet as well but no joy!
  • I've been struggling with this for a while with a nexus 7 and an edge 800, you need an otg cable and I use nexus media importer, I can see the activities but still can't import them. It would be easier if garmin communicator worked but isn't supported on android. I still can't get it to work, one solution is too change the save location of the activities to the SD card before uploading but this didn't work for me. I tried sport tablet as well but no joy!

I've managed to upload from a Garmin 800 to my wifes Nexus 7 (mk1) using Sportablet. Maybe try contacting Carlo at Sportablet, he is very helpful and gets back to you quite quickly.
  • Cheers, I'll drop him a line!