Rule number 5

ugo.santalucia
ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
5) The main forum sections are not an "online chat room" for inane banter or stupid postings. Please use the specific off topic areas or software specifically designed for this purpose

I know it's Christmas, but let's give it a cut with all these piss-taking threads... I have now moved them to the bottom bracket where they belong. Next to post a stupid thread will spend the Festivities logged-out... :twisted:
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    saw this Ugo and thought of you

9947.jpg

Merry Christmas xxx
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Isn't rule 5 "Harden the ***k up"?
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    5) The main forum sections are not an "online chat room" for inane banter or stupid postings. Please use the specific off topic areas or software specifically designed for this purpose

I know it's Christmas, but let's give it a cut with all these piss-taking threads... I have now moved them to the bottom bracket where they belong. Next to post a stupid thread will spend the Festivities logged-out... :twisted:

hmm whether or not something is 'inane' is highly subjective.. perhaps we need some clarification?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    That's disappointing, I just posted a request for info on descending socks, but have deleted it as it may be interpreted incorrectly and result in a visit from the ban stick.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015

hmm whether or not something is 'inane' is highly subjective.. perhaps we need some clarification?

It doesn't help when BR itself keeps recommending eg bikes because they are "enthusiastic climbers" or some such cobblers!
    MattC59 wrote:
    That's disappointing, I just posted a request for info on descending socks, but have deleted it as it may be interpreted incorrectly and result in a visit from the ban stick.

Is it a short, fast, steep descent you want to buy the socks for or a more gradual, steady extended descent?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Thats just inane-socks wont make any difference whether its short,fast and steep OR gradual steady and extended.Its all about the wheels.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    nevman wrote:
    Thats just inane-socks wont make any difference whether its short,fast and steep OR gradual steady and extended.Its all about the wheels.

Surely someone out there is making descending socks? After all, isn't cycling high tech now?
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Everyone knows that so-called 'descending' socks are well into the realms of diminishing returns. FACT.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    The main forum sections are not an "online chat room" for inane banter or stupid postings.

Thoose very heavy rider wants some light aero wheels threads are a constant.

Dunno how you don't loose patience. :roll:
  • MattC59 wrote:
    but have deleted it as it may be interpreted incorrectly and result in a visit from the ban stick.

Good idea...
    left the forum March 2023
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    DesWeller wrote:
    Everyone knows that so-called 'descending' socks are well into the realms of diminishing returns. FACT.

Descending socks will hold onto the sweat produced on a climb, maintaining mass for the descent, but redistributing mass to lower the centre of gravity and improve stability. A good descending sock will then dry out enough for the next climb.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
This discussion has been closed.