My Lynskey Pro 650b build! Advise please!

tigertang0
tigertang0 Posts: 33
edited December 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hey people! My dad just opened a bikeshop in town and he is taking quite a sum of stock from the Lynskey distributer.
The boss can let me have my bike for cheaper than dealer pricing. It is not likely that I will get the lynskey build kit unless the deal is really good. The thought of getting the MT650 over the Pro650 has been on my mind. I would be able to splurge more money on parts. Think the Pro version is worth the extra money? Stiffer and overall better ride? I will be running the following components if my pockets are deep enough by new year`s time: XX1 groupset, XT brakes, Fox 32 120mm Kashima, chris king and ztr arch ex combo wheels. Finishing kit with be crankbrother and thomson, BB and headset will be chris king. Thanks for reading!
Battaglin 3 Cime
Jamis Exile race 29er
Schwinn Madison

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Would suggest this would be better placed as a build thread in the Your Mountain Bike forum as you don't seem to be asking for much advice! Looks like a nice build spec though, although I avoid CB stuff as nothing seems quite as reliable as the competitors.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Would get lighter rims on an XC race frame like that. Wouldn't get CB finishing kit either - try Mt Zoom for great quality lightweight kit at reasonable prices. Far more reliable than CB stuff. Personally I wouldnt have another pair of CK hubs, but I know a lot of folk like them.

If you actually want advice...
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I would avoid the Chris King headset. They have been known to damage forks. Hope headsets are as good as anything.
    Fox forks seem to have major issues at the moment as well.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    what issues do fox forks have at the moment?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    King headsets had issues with longer travel forks before they changed to the split ring design. They've always been fine on shorter travel forks, I'd not look anywhere else.

Some of the CTD dampers on Fox forks have been a bit dodgy, about it. They're heavier and more expensive than an equivalent SID, nowt wrong otherwise.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    POAH wrote:
    what issues do fox forks have at the moment?

They seem to be having a bad year CTD dampers have major issues. They are very over priced as well when compared to Rockshox, Marzocchi and DT Swiss.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Fox now seem little better to equivalent RS in terms of performance, lack adjustability with CTD and for most users seem to require a lot more preventative maintenance. They also cost more.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.