speed link

tytherington
tytherington Posts: 219
edited December 2013 in Workshop
hi all recently changed my chain and speed link, after a few days speed link snapped, so replaced with another new one bought with four chain same happened now gone through 4 speed link as anyone else had similar problems or no any reason why all are shimano 105 10 speed

cheers

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,182
    which links?

i've used kmc ones for years, never had a problem
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    What quick links are you using? Shimano chains are not supplied with quick links.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    can you write a full description of your running gear? it sounds like you may have another problem and the missing link is just the weak point thats failing first. have you put the chain on the right way? did you count out to make sure you have same number of links as the old chain had? Are you using the correct missing link? 10 speed link on a 10 speed setup etc. I have never known a missing link to snap more than once from normal use in as short a time frame unless you got a bad batch or something. As mentioned above, if you are not using them already, get a KMC one.
  • had new bottom bracket, new chain ,new cassette, new chain ring , 10 sp new links have 10s stamped on so I have, didn't know chain had a right way and a wrong way ? contacted ribble where chains where bought with links so maybe a bad batch , not heard anything back yet. keep you posted.