Secret Santas

msmancunia
msmancunia Posts: 1,415
edited December 2013 in Commuting chat
So if your office did one, what did you get?

I got slipper socks.... scented candles.... and this, which I am slightly worrying about:

Secretsanta.jpg

Can't see what's on it until I get home as we don't do CD drives much at work. Any suggestions?
Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity

Comments

  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,547
    Lots of different versions of the song Oh Carolina? I don't think it contains images of chocolate and Pinot G.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    edited December 2013
    Funniest one for me was a c*ck sock with a horses face
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Yeah that's what I thought. Either that, Status Quo or the Diamond if it's a Caroline song I think. Or the Beach Boys. Or David Gray. Or the Keiser Chiefs. It's either that or someone's discovered those photos I posed for when I was nineteen....

    (that last bit's obviously a joke....)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • I got a 3D jigsaw of a Ming vase. I think it's a slight metaphor for my trip to Orthopaedics.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    we didn't do one in my office but my wife got this from her office. It's resin and is err...gross.

    1511178_10151775802567213_2045844696_n.jpg
    FCN = 4
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond? (Duh-duh-duh)
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,547
    Thanks to The Rookie I might have to post Sweet Caroline in the ear worms thread.
    So what was on the cd?
  • I got a Knog strobe light. Sweet.
    Shut up, knees!

    Various Boardmans, a Focus, a Cannondale and an ancient Trek.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    we didn't do one in my office but my wife got this from her office. It's resin and is err...gross.

    1511178_10151775802567213_2045844696_n.jpg

    That seal isn't that bad. Probably great when you go out clubbing!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

    I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    It was indeed Sweet Caroline. By Neil Diamond. And by Elvis Presley. And by Frank Sinatra. And by Julio Inglesias (in Spanish). And by the cast of Glee. But best of all, a live version by U2! And even though I have a love/hate relationship with the song, my mum and dad, (who both died a long time ago), used to sing it to me every Christmas Day. A very thoughtful present which has made me smile.

    It's a much better present than a porcelain seal too :)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    goonz wrote:
    Funniest one for me was a c*ck sock with a horses face
    Are you going to post photos of you modelling it?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    msmancunia wrote:
    It was indeed Sweet Caroline. By Neil Diamond. And by Elvis Presley. And by Frank Sinatra. And by Julio Inglesias (in Spanish). And by the cast of Glee. But best of all, a live version by U2! And even though I have a love/hate relationship with the song, my mum and dad, (who both died a long time ago), used to sing it to me every Christmas Day. A very thoughtful present which has made me smile.

    It's a much better present than a porcelain seal too :)
    It made you smile, that is all that counts!

    [subliminal] Duh-Duh-Duh [/subliminal]
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 28,435
    I got a Solar powered robot kit which was pretty good.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

    Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,547
    The Rookie wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    It was indeed Sweet Caroline. By Neil Diamond. And by Elvis Presley. And by Frank Sinatra. And by Julio Inglesias (in Spanish). And by the cast of Glee. But best of all, a live version by U2! And even though I have a love/hate relationship with the song, my mum and dad, (who both died a long time ago), used to sing it to me every Christmas Day. A very thoughtful present which has made me smile.

    It's a much better present than a porcelain seal too :)
    It made you smile, that is all that counts!

    [subliminal] Duh-Duh-Duh [/subliminal]
    :twisted:
    Mind you, is it better than Christmas songs?
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    goonz wrote:
    Funniest one for me was a c*ck sock with a horses face
    Are you going to post photos of you modelling it?

    Sadly no as this was a few years ago, but my missus at the time found it pretty f*cking hilarious!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I got a 1000 piece Doctor Who 50th anniversary jig-saw. \o/
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i got a mug which one side says Mr Grumpy and on the other side has my face
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,547
    spasypaddy wrote:
    i got a mug which one side says Mr Grumpy and on the other side has my face
    I hope my kids don't find out that you can buy such a thing.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    A bird on the bank of desk in front of me just got a mug that says 'I love Tea.....Bagging'

    The 'Bagging' part only becomes apparant when you pour hot water in the mug. Genius.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    goonz wrote:
    ..my missus at the time....

    Now there's a phrase that encompasses a world of pain....

    Hope things are going better these days!

    Cheers,
    W.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    @goonz... Did the c*ck sock with the horses face contribute in any way?
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Got one of these:

    thumb_bicycle-riders-lunchbox.jpg?1378979477

    Which was sweet, as I have neither fortitude, endurance nor invigoration. One of these was inside:

    th?id=H.4531728603285128&w=120&h=160&pid=1.7

    Not sure what "One Direction" are, but they're made of chocolate so I like 'em!
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    It was indeed Sweet Caroline. By Neil Diamond. And by Elvis Presley. And by Frank Sinatra. And by Julio Inglesias (in Spanish). And by the cast of Glee. But best of all, a live version by U2! And even though I have a love/hate relationship with the song, my mum and dad, (who both died a long time ago), used to sing it to me every Christmas Day. A very thoughtful present which has made me smile.

    It's a much better present than a porcelain seal too :)
    It made you smile, that is all that counts!

    [subliminal] Duh-Duh-Duh [/subliminal]
    :twisted:
    Mind you, is it better than Christmas songs?

    After a Christmas working in Superdrug as a schoolgirl where Christmas songs were played all day, every day, I have to say it is infinitely better!
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    And status quo?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 74,431
    msmancunia wrote:
    So if your office did one, what did you get?

    Silver business card holder with the emblem from the uni i graduated from engraved.


    Rather thoughtful really.