Planet X Frame chose

antonio95
antonio95 Posts: 25
edited March 2014 in Track
Hi everyone, I am planning to buy a new track frame for competitions, I've been riding a Trek Tr1(Alu) 54cm with a huge Seat tube, I am 182 cm tall with long legs, that's why I use a 56cm road frame with a long seat tube too(58cm will be too long on the top tube). Well, here's the thing, I've fall in love with the Planet X Pro track frameset(and it's price) but I don't know which size buy, a 56(L) or 54 cm(M).... which one do you recommend?

Comments

• incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    What events are you racing? If you're doing pursuiting the choice might be limited to what size you need to stay UCI legal.
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk
  • If you're close enough then why not pop into thier showroom and try one for size?
  • UCI legal? The guy just wants to race a bit. Not win the Worlds for GB.

If it's any help a mate who's 184cm and rides a 58 Cervelo bought the Medium.

This is in line with what Planet X suggest: http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRPXPCTV2/ ... rack-frame

my word 130 is a short HT, hope you're doing some yoga...
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Well I am not from GB, I'm from Peru(Southamerica), but buying this is also for racing(maybe) at South American Games(ODESUR), so it must be UCI legal :c
  • turbo1191
    turbo1191 Posts: 501
    Hey, i ride a planet x franko bianco in a large. Im 6 2", 34" inside leg, short torso with looong arms!