Help with Castelli Fawesome Vest Sizing.

relanium
relanium Posts: 487
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
Looking at buying myself the Castelli Fawesome Vest, but need help in the sizing if possible please, I am 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 38 inch chest, weigh 65kg.
Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Comments

• FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Probably a medium I have a large and a 40 inch chest, the jacket fits snuggly, I also have an XL which fits but is a little more comfortable. I have a Large in the Espresso Due which is spot on. All other cycle clothing I have, I have not tried the size above or below.
  • You'll be a medium or large but their sizing does seem to vary from item to item so it depends on the individual garment you pick up. I'm the same size as you more or less and one medium I tried was so tight I'd have to wear nothing underneath and it was still restrictive - it was ridiculous, and that's from someone who likes a tight, race fit and usually wears medium Castelli, Assos etc. I ended up with a small large one if that makes sense - you may find a large medium :) :roll:
  • relanium
    relanium Posts: 487
    I also have the Espresso Due which is a size medium.
  • I've a 42" chest and 36 waist and XL is spot on for me (as per size chart) and due to the stretch of the material is equally comfy over a normal jersey or something thicker such as base layer + Gabba or Trasparente (also XL).

Will also say that it's "very similar" material and fit wise to the Sportful bodyfit pro vest which can be found cheaper but doesn't have any reflective detail at all :evil: hence why I now have both.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    relanium wrote:
    I also have the Espresso Due which is a size medium.
    I think the fit is similar
  • It's race fit so you'll be Medium. I'm pretty similar to you (5'11", 67kg, 29 waist, 39 chest) and a Medium is perfect race cut on me.

You'll like the Fawesome (despite the price and the daft name). It's wind resistant to a decent level but unlike many gilet's isn't sweaty and won't flap around.