watch what you send by royal mail

2»

Comments

• JMcP92 wrote:
    Not too long ago I posted a kashi RP23 ProPedal and they asked at the desk "What does the parcel contain" to which my first thought is none of your feckin' business, just send it where I ask.
    Of course the "filter" in my head just answered and said it was suspension, but I never thought twice about the fact it was an air cylinder, which is what they're against sending because the dangers of it blowing up in someone's hand and causing injury (though as we all know, not gonna happen).
    In the end, never got questioned beyond that and sent it without issue, though this fact is worrying. I also find it very annoying that every time I go to post something they ask "What's in the parcel" - my business, not yours. Next time I think I'll tell them its a large black dildo, that'll shut them up

I have to say I'm also not fond of Parcel force, they managed to loose stuff before, lost a Japanease HRC ECU for a NC40 worth plenty in the post from me, had to pay the buyer back and cost my pocket, despite insurance and proof of postage they came up with some BS reason they weren't able to refund it, despite the fact I appeared to meet all their criteria, just essentially stole my money as far as I'm concerned. Also lost a set of wheels before now (As they're so small and unnoticeable, you understand) but they were not insured so predictably got nothing from that. Additionally I also find it rather obnoxious when they ask if I'd like to pay more for it to be insured etc. I'd rather pay the standard fee for you to actually get it there, not more money for you to have more chance of getting it there, not good enough as far as I'm concerned. That goes for RM and PF

Also, I must ask, RockmonkeySC, why are you so intent on defending them? You can argue the T&C's all you want but do you read the T&C's of every service you use? If you do, good for you, you're the 0.01%, but me? I've got better things to do than read several pages of paperwork every time I use any service anywhere, internet, postage or otherwise. Far as I'm concerned, it is just yet another story of a guy being screwed by RM, costing him a large amount of money and having no sympathy for such things because it's either cost them nothing, or made them money between postage costs paid and not delivered, and possibly selling the "dangerous" items

Can you take a picture of the clerks face when you tell her its a big black dildo please? Agree on all other points, ive posted my fox shock back to mojo twice this year and never even got asked what it was.
  • Has anyone told mojo to change their postage advice?

http://www.mojo.co.uk/faq.html#question9
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Northwind wrote:
    It turns out though that having seized these "dangerous" items they then sell them on to auction houses who stick them on ebay. So presumably they don't think the danger's that massive.

Do they send them to the lucky purchaser via royal mail?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Yes, including CO2 canisters.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    How do royal mail know he let all the air out? Even if there is a note explaining it, if it was a delivery which was to be transported by air they cannot take risks.
    CAA regulations mean that no pressure vessels, full or empty can be transported by air.
    A lot of the machines I design have a small pressurised air can for emergency operation of critical pneumatics. I lost 8 of them (£480 each) through Parcel Force on my first project and they explained to me why. They don't really have a lot of choice about it.
    Companies the size of Royal Mail can't deal with problems like this very well.
    They CAN, and they SHOULD, they just choose not to. Have you ever posted an air fork or shock? Or had an air fork or shock delivered to you. I'm betting that you have, and I'm also betting that you'd be rightly pissed off if it had been confiscated and auctioned off, especially if it was a whole bike.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I regularly post high pressure nitrogen cannisters at work so know better than to post air forks/shocks by royal mail. I usually use a local courier who will take anything.

Big companies are terrible at customer service. My employers customer service is shocking. Their procedures are too rigid and complex to deal with problems. I try to sort problems in my projects and it's very hard work getting around the usual systems without anyone noticing and making me fill in a shed load of forms which are then filed and never looked at again.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Big companies are terrible at customer service. My employers customer service is shocking. Their procedures are too rigid and complex to deal with problems. I try to sort problems in my projects and it's very hard work getting around the usual systems without anyone noticing and making me fill in a shed load of forms which are then filed and never looked at again.
    That doesn't mean it's alright. The facilities are there for them to operate an efficient customer service department, however as i said, they have chosen not to. They have an antiquated business structure, and it shouldn't (and often doesn't) work, but seeing as they have virtually no competition on the high street, it suits them not to change anything.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • This is quite the shocking thread. I'm surprised that companies are allowed to do this without even notifying the client and requesting a pick up or the item will be disposed of. Makes me wonder of all the parcels that were "lost" or that I never heard arrived at people's houses were just confiscated. Also makes me wonder if they actually lose parcels, or if they just take a certain percentage to sell on.

Considering the morals of large organisations and the way they function I wouldn't be surprised if they just took a certain percentage.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I think it's disgusting the way RM are behaving and it's a shame people are having problems like these when sending items with Royal Mail, I've had a few minor issues in the past but they've been resolved in a reasonable timeframe, bit of a ballache but not the end of the world.

Up to now I've always prefered recieving parcels from them than any of the other couriers*. Down in PB I know that generally the Royal Mail van will show up between 10:00 and 11:30 if there's a parcel to be delivered to us. If we're not in and the neighbours aren't either there's a card through the door and we can pick it up after 4 hours from the post office depot a mile away and it'll stay there 3 weeks waiting for me if necessary. Royal Mail is much more convinient in this way than other companies who don't have the same number/density of depots etc. so I don't have to make a stupidly long trip to go fetch something because I've missed 2 deliveries (or in Yodel's case because their driver couldn't be arsed to even try delivering my parcel). But now, I think RM is just a bunch of filthy scum.

*possibly with the exception of DPD, their service IMO is fantastic with the text updates etc.