the demise of bb

the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited December 2013 in The bottom bracket
I think you might as well shut bb down. It's decline is terminal and irreversible. Same old tired boring posters who have gone to seed and need to be put out to pasture. I don't post much, but as a voyeur it was far more interesting before certain irreverent posters left, and however much they have tried people haven't been able to pick up the slack.

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Here's your chance, Mantis. Seize the baton and run with it.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,452
    It still serves a purpose.

For instance. F@ck off dog breath.

Just because Arsenal are top of the league you think you're entitled to an opinion! It's time TPM was retired to the bin next to the toilet, along with a certain country's toilet paper.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    Here's your chance, Mantis. Seize the baton and run with it.

I'm a moaner not a doer, I sit back and let someone else do all the work.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    ....could say the same about the whole lot of Bikeradar forums.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • seanoconn wrote:
    It still serves a purpose.

For instance. F@ck off dog breath.

Just because Arsenal are top of the league you think you're entitled to an opinion! It's time TPM was retired to the bin next to the toilet, along with a certain country's toilet paper.

U doth protest too much madam. U can't flush me that easily.
  • daviesee wrote:
    ....could say the same about the whole lot of Bikeradar forums.

Nay, pro race is thriving. Wtb has some good wumming going on there. Even noticed pinarello in there making some comment thsy got the hand wringing going.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I think you might as well shut bb down. It's decline is terminal and irreversible. Same old tired boring posters who have gone to seed and need to be put out to pasture. I don't post much, but as a voyeur it was far more interesting before certain irreverent posters left, and however much they have tried people haven't been able to pick up the slack.

Don't be that hard on yourself, you're not that bad :lol:

The problem with BB is that most of us who post regularly don't let sh1t bother us so unlike in other parts of the forum where you could have a bit of fun and get a reaction no one reacts here......let me prove it.....

You're all toss pieces who smell of camel shite.

Bet I get no reaction to that here but if I said that in commuting I'd be strung up :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    arran77 wrote:

The problem with BB is that most of us who post regularly don't let sh1t bother us so unlike in other parts of the forum where you could have a bit of fun and get a reaction no one reacts here......let me prove it.....

Bet I get no reaction to that here but if I said that in commuting I'd be strung up :wink:
    Oops. Should I not have reported you :oops:
  • the problem is what I said. The reaction thing is nothing to do with it. Theres no one irreverant enough, a la, those departed, not just the the big boys. the current try hards can't shoulder the weight, u need young, in comparison, pups like myself to pick up the slack, but I can't. It's encouraging to see the likes of vtech venturing here as it could lead to different perspectives, but really I think it's too little too late
  • seanoconn
    the problem is what I said. The reaction thing is nothing to do with it. Theres no one irreverant enough, a la, those departed, not just the the big boys. the current try hards can't shoulder the weight, u need young, in comparison, pups like myself to pick up the slack, but I can't. It's encouraging to see the likes of vtech venturing here as it could lead to different perspectives, but really I think it's too little too late
    From the man that brought us...

The tea thread
    Julia Bradbury
    And hiw queer.

Truly inspirational :lol:

What's your physical age anyway? I'm sure I'm younger than you.
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Oops. Should I not have reported you :oops:

You're just pi$$ed off because you now a mental image of Venus licking my ***** :lol:

This is Venus by the way :wink:

38147.jpg
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Roadhouse
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    There is a lot of value in the post.
    This is actually a fantastic forum in that the help and assistance to cyclists is truly amazing and although I personally think a few people are morons (my opinion only) I haven't found one that isn't at times very helpful to others (which for me makes it hard to understand the Jekyll and Hyde personas but I guess thats forum life ?

I think the thing missing here is the ability to help others, there could and I think should, be far more help outside of cycling. I know people help others and there are a few who very often go out of their way to help but imagine if most people were more friendly, this could be "the place"
    Living MY dream.
  • the playing mantis
    the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
    edited December 2013
    seanoconn wrote:
    the problem is what I said. othing to do with it. Theres no one irreverant enough, a la, those departed, not just the the big boys. the current try hards can't shoulder the weight, u need young, in comparison, pups like myself to pick up the slack, but I can't. It's encouraging to see the likes of vtech venturing here as it could lead to different perspectives, but really I think it's too little too late

The tea thread
    Julia Bradbury
    And hiw queer.

Chuff off, they were quality threads, the opens loved them. I'm an enabler you see, I light the touch paper and let everyone one else on here run with it and have some fun. Eggghhh crunching tackle. Runoff renouf.

Physical age? Are you suggesting I'm mentally retarded?!

Physically I'm in my 60 s when my many sporting honor badges are playing up, if not I'm physically lower than my actual true age of my score and a quarter score and twain years.

U can't groom me.

Edit: plebs has come out as opens. Go figure, fackin hipster troll carwash
  • VTech wrote:
    There is a lot of value in the post.
    This is actually a fantastic forum in that the help and assistance to cyclists is truly amazing and although I personally think a few people are morons (my opinion only) I haven't found one that isn't at times very helpful to others (which for me makes it hard to understand the Jekyll and Hyde personas but I guess thats forum life ?

I think the thing missing here is the ability to help others, there could and I think should, be far more help outside of cycling. I know people help others and there are a few who very often go out of their way to help but imagine if most people were more friendly, this could be "the place"

The place for that is cakestop vtech.

BB is fir bollox. And cutting humour that may be too risque fir cakestop. And irreverence.
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    arran77 wrote:

Bactrian or Dromadery?
    Think it through man, there's a world of difference for god's sake :roll:
  • arran77
    Pituophis wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Bactrian or Dromadery?
    Think it through man, there's a world of difference for god's sake :roll:

I'll take your word for it and bow down to your superior knowledge of camel shite :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    the problem is what I said. othing to do with it. Theres no one irreverant enough, a la, those departed, not just the the big boys. the current try hards can't shoulder the weight, u need young, in comparison, pups like myself to pick up the slack, but I can't. It's encouraging to see the likes of vtech venturing here as it could lead to different perspectives, but really I think it's too little too late

The tea thread
    Julia Bradbury
    And hiw queer.

Chuff off, they were quality threads, the opens loved them.

They were shite, I tried to make the tea one interesting for you but everyone just kept on about earl grey and lapsang souchong :roll:

As for the Julia Bradbury thread, well no one started pretending to be her like they did with the Susanna Reid thread did they :wink:

seanoconn
  • Wtf?
  • arran77
    Wtf?

WTF :?

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    Wtf?
    Arran's forum highlight/lowlight to date, was pretending to be 'The' Susanna Reid.

He doesn't like to talk about it much :lol:
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    Wtf?
    Arran's forum highlight/lowlight to date, was pretending to be 'The' Susanna Reid.

He doesn't like to talk about it much :lol:

It didn't last very bloody long did it as we're not allowed to have a bit of fun here :roll:

seanoconn
  • daviesee
    So.
    When Susanna was round at mine, was it really Arran?

I don't like the way this is going......... :shock:
  • arran77
    daviesee wrote:
    So.

Nor do I :shock:

I can categorically state that it was not me round at chez daviesee, I suspect I can also fairly safely say it was not Susanna :lol:

seanoconn
  • daviesee
    arran77 wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    So.

Nor do I :shock:

I can categorically state that it was not me round at chez daviesee, I suspect I can also fairly safely say it was not Susanna :lol:
    Phew! :oops:
    Well, I had fun anyway! :lol:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    We now have poetry, community singing and bible study. Rude language has been almost entirely eliminated. I think things are going rather well....
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    It's quite simple. Leisure cycling used to be more of a niche. A tiny fraction of that niche would go on the internet to talk about each other, these individuals are most likely like-minded.

Along come Wiggle and makes everyone (who already like the internet) like cycling and all of a sudden you have dweebs like me coming in disagreeing and being offended.

The originals sling their hook, mourning the loss of what once was.

Conclusion = people suck
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    I blame the super posters.

That's right the ones that have been here 5 minutes and posted much about nothing like there's no tomorrow. :wink:
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • arran77

That's right the ones that have been here 5 minutes and posted much about nothing like there's no tomorrow. :wink:

I hate pointless shite as well :P

seanoconn
  • daviesee
    arran77 wrote:

I hate pointless shite as well :P
    I prefer mine to be rounded.