Kask helmets

Gary Sinclair
Gary Sinclair Posts: 88
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
Can anyone tell me the difference between the mohito and the vertigo? The mohito is lighter and the vertigo is £40 more.

Comments

• MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    The Vertigo is a bit heavier and also has a slightly lower front ( which means you can't wear a hat with it)
    Also has gel pads that disintegrate after a while.
    Having said that its a good helmet if you can find it cheap enough.

Mojito is lighter and slightly better ventilated - its the better of the 2 IMO (and I have both)
  • So if I wanted to wear a cap, I would be better with a mohito?
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    I think the Mojito is a better fitting helmet and it's a few quid cheaper.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Always wear a cap under my Mojito. Fits like a dream.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    go to tribecca and try one on. they are different shapes
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • Tried one on somewhere else and the mojito fitted better than anything I've had before. Didn't have the vertigo tho, I need to be able to wear a cap underneath it so it seems a no brainer.
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    So if I wanted to wear a cap, I would be better with a mohito?
    Yes
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Im selling mine but too small for you. I dont like the cradle at the back because it gets in the way of my sunglasses and is not that comfortable for me. When you try one on take your Oakleys.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    When is the Infinity due out?
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    I have the K50 and love it. Cap or skull cap fits fine, and Salice 006 sunnies fit well. Having said that I may transfer to a Salice helmet for sake of matching kit.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    The Mojito is a very good helmet, if it fits then I can't see why anyone would buy the K10 or the vertigo….but the medium Mojito is too small for me and the large is huuuuge. The K10 is Goldilocks - just right!

The black/white Mojito looks the dogs!
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Im selling mine but too small for you. I dont like the cradle at the back because it gets in the way of my sunglasses and is not that comfortable for me. When you try one on take your Oakleys.
    Ordered one the other day, felt really comfortable when I tested it, didn't have oakleys with me tho.
  • Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    I had a Mojito for a month or so until I landed on it. It did its job. Extremely light and airy but it didn't fit that well and the cradle kept riding up at the back. I then got a Vertigo which is a little heavier and not as airy but fitted me much better and is supremely comfortable with a cradle that doesn't seem to ride up at the back as easily as the Mojito's did. I guess whatever fits your head best will be best.
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1