Chain reaction finally offering finance, maybe.

97th choice
97th choice Posts: 2,222
edited December 2013 in MTB general
Noticed that some of their bikes have a "bike finance" tag on them, no option to sign up for it yet though.

Will prob still be cheaper to 0% card a purchase though.
Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
Radon ZR 27.5 Race
Btwin Alur700
Merida CX500

Comments

• Polf
    Polf Posts: 64
    Think they are only offering it over a maximum of 12 months though, Gonna need a big deposit or a hefty wage.
    Yeti SB95
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275
    On One 456C

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, does not try it on"
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Not a fan of finance, i prefer to buy things when i have the money to pay for them.
  • I'd certainly consider it. I'd have to insure the bike though incase it got nicked or crashed! No fun paying for a bike that you can't ride!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Not a fan of finance, i prefer to buy things when i have the money to pay for them.

This, but considering the plans I have for my next main bike, I may well consider it just to spread the cost out so it doesn't look like it's costing me as much!! :lol:
  • bennett_346
    Can you insure a bike on finance, does it even technically belong to you? I genuinely have no idea how it works.
  • Finance, if it is 0% is just like saving for me except you get the item upfront and you don't end up spending your accumulated savings on something (dare I say it) non-bike related before hitting your target...
  • bennett_346
    Finance, if it is 0% is just like saving for me except you get the item upfront and you don't end up spending your accumulated savings on something (dare I say it) non-bike related before hitting your target...
    I don't like the idea of having several things on finance and suddenly taking a pay cut or losing a job/expenditure jumping up beyond means. Where I can I like to save up for things and pay in bulk that way i know i'm within my means and if anything unexpected happens i'm not stuck with three expensive items I can't sell and still have to pay for.

I'm a young paranoid f*cker though.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Finance, if it is 0% is just like saving for me except you get the item upfront and you don't end up spending your accumulated savings on something (dare I say it) non-bike related before hitting your target...
    I don't like the idea of having several things on finance and suddenly taking a pay cut or losing a job/expenditure jumping up beyond means. Where I can I like to save up for things and pay in bulk that way i know i'm within my means and if anything unexpected happens i'm not stuck with three expensive items I can't sell and still have to pay for.

I'm a young paranoid f*cker though.

Agreed, but I think if you keep it to one item in very exceptional circumstances it's ok. I'll likely save up the majority of the money for my next bike but possibly do it on finance anyway, just so it all doesn't go all at once. Big deposit and put the rest over 6-12 months to ease the pain a little. I remember the horror of looking at my bank account before and after I bought the Mojo, at least if I spread the next one out a bit it won't look as bad :lol:
  • Finance, if it is 0% is just like saving for me except you get the item upfront and you don't end up spending your accumulated savings on something (dare I say it) non-bike related before hitting your target...

I'd never thought of it like that before, in a way buying a bike would be doing myself a favour.... Man maths strikes again!
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Can you insure a bike on finance, does it even technically belong to you? I genuinely have no idea how it works.
    It's finance in that they are lending you money, but their will be no lien encumbrance registered against it like with a car, as a bike is much like a sofa...I.e. No registration database. Therefore any loan will be scoured against you personally. So yes the bike will belong to you, even if it wasn't you should be able to insure it.

0% finance is worth taking even if you have the money in savings! as it literally is free money. Keep the money in savings, you won't earn allot of interest, but it's better keeping it for a rainy day!