The moral responsibility of selling soundsystems.

peat
peat Posts: 1,242
edited December 2013 in The bottom bracket
I have noticed an advert running at the mo for a portable set of speakers called 'The Pill'. They seem to be aiming at kids/teenagers judging by the style of the ad and product.

The bit that razzes me off is when the little caricatures say "The neighbors won't be complaining about the noise, they'll be leaving the building!"

Now, In an age of increasing "I can do what i want, f*** everyone else", i can't see how this isn't inciting anti-social behavior to those young impressionable little darlings.

We've all had noisy neighbors or been on public transport when some inconsiderate (oblivious or not) soul is playing music on loud speaker from their phone. It's the slow degradation of society before our very eye/ears.

Does this bother anyone else or do i need to pull the broom handle out of my anus?

JUST WEAR HEADPHONES YOU LITTLE F**KS!

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,654
    Think you need to pull down hard on that broom handle.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    If you are older than the yoofs then chances are you have more money.
    Buy a bigger, louder system and treat them to Beethoven at full blast!
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Advertising...morals :D
    Peat wrote:
    It's the slow degradation of society before our very eye/ears.

Morals are individual beliefs, ethics are handed to us by society so there will always be moral differences but you are right this is an ethical "degradation of society before our very eye/ears"

Is the broom handle part of your hobby horse :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Beats Innit. Basically people who buy their stuff are morons anyway. Overpriced tat worn by footballers. The marketing to them is spot on, if indeed morally wrong.

Interesting name too, wonder what they are getting at there??
  • Yeah yeah I'm old which is why I remember this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNzr6lfiHJE
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Mr. 47b , ethics handed down by society surely help the individual to form their own morals, are the two very near the same thing? Just a thought.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    tbh most of the antisocial behavoiur i've experienced over the decades has been from the 40+ set, including loud music at all hours of the night

back in the 70s, while i was what the soarwaway scum and daily fail would describe as a foul mouthed punk rocker, i designed my own active crossover tri-amped system, over 500w rms per channel, but i restricted recreation of live events and seeing how far away the impact of subsonic dub could be felt to daylight hours

unlike the middle aged scum who had drunken parties blaring out middleoftheroadshite at 3am from their amstrad music centres
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Mr. 47b , ethics handed down by society surely help the individual to form their own morals, are the two very near the same thing? Just a thought.

They can be the same but they can differ.

An example...society says it's ethical to kill and eat other mammals, you may have morals that disagree with this.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike