Help With My Carrera Fury 2013

Browntoes
Browntoes Posts: 2
edited December 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys, I'm new to this site and so far I am loving it. I just have one question? I've just recently bought a Carrera Fury 2013 and I'm really not satisfied with the width of the tires so I'm going to order some new wider ones. But of course some won't fit as they'll be too thick, so I was wondering if anyone knew the thickest tires I could purchase that would fit my fury? Thanks very much guys have a great day!

-Dan

Comments

• Why do you want to change to a wider tyre? Putting a tyre that's wider than 2.3 on the back will result in it feeling slow, heavy and unresponsive. I wouldn't recommend it.

A quick google search didn't bring up any results. You could check your user manual or you could try calling halfords.
    Community police have been on the look out for a vandal by the name of \'The Elusive Lout\'. Any information you could give would be gratefully received.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What do you actually want to achieve? As the saying goes, size isn't everything!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    Browntoes wrote:
    Hi guys, I'm new to this site and so far I am loving it. I just have one question? I've just recently bought a Carrera Fury 2013 and I'm really not satisfied with the width of the tires so I'm going to order some new wider ones. But of course some won't fit as they'll be too thick, so I was wondering if anyone knew the thickest tires I could purchase that would fit my fury? Thanks very much guys have a great day!

-Dan

I wouldn't go anything over a 2.35" for the Fury, but saying that different brands have different ways of measuring their widths. For example the Maxxis Minion DHF 2.35" I use come up fairly thin compared to the likes of a Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35". It should have the Mountain King 2.2" on there if it's the 2013 model? If so you could look at some Rubber Queens 2.2" (now renamed Trail Kings) as they come up wider, have a bigger profile, and a more aggressive tread.