Ahhh, Any thoughts?

Richysticky
Richysticky Posts: 37
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi all, I know this may not be a sensible question and everyone has an opinion, I respect that but...

I was knocked off the bike last Tuesday week, was very lucky to get away with just a bent bike to be honest, car driver admitted smidsy and her mistake, her insurance co couldnt have been more helpful, so hats off to all concernr=ed.
:D Should be a cheque through the letterbox by end of next week ....
I am really pleased at the speed that the insurance company worked to be honest, all credit to them...

Still on the Turbo doing an hours worth of intervals a day, and I am surprised at how efficient doing that is, probably more so than road riding dare I say?

I know this is gonna stir up a bit of a discussion possibly, but I was looking at just replacing the old bike, with one the same :D

Have £900 to spend so ....

An Allez Sport and upgrade with a pair of planet x AL30s...

But ... would it be worth spending it all on a bike without the spare wheels, would go from 9 to 10 speed, which I have never had so wont miss, and get possibly a slightly better wheelset?

Not worried about trying to get a carbon frame, I have had both but prefer Alloy, :wink:

Thoughts?

Comments

• bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    not much help really but if i had £900 i would not get an Allez with that wheelset. you can get better bikes for that money and i would get the best bike i could and upgrade the wheels later in the summer either a nice set of factory wheels or spend about £250 on some handbuilts. check out wiggle for some bargains under £1k or i think planet x are doing some good deals on ultegra equiped bikes for that money.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    just noted the not worried about carbon comment and on that basis get last years Caad from Pauls Cycles.
  • canyon ultimate al
  • duckson
    duckson Posts: 961
    I'd be looking at something 2nd hand, eg Boardman Team or Pro Carbon and spend the rest on a better wheelset for example.
    Cheers, Stu
  • brownbosh wrote:
    canyon ultimate al

Yeah second that. Have been looking at those and you get a lot of new bike for your money.

They also get very good ratings too.
  • Went for the local option in the end, makes sense as I ride in the club and love the frames anyway, waay much more responsive and tighter than my old Allez ...

11650879636_2413a5bd98_z.jpg
    finished zero.8 by rpic - rich webber, on Flickr

A 2014 Schils Hydro Zero.8, nice and simple 9 speed setup, so I can use my existing spares and whatnot....
    first proper ride out for a month tomorrow, weather permitting :)