Rockrider Big RR 5.3 Mountain Bike+ pics (£150)

kerbbumper
kerbbumper Posts: 62
edited December 2013 in MTB buying advice
Morning,

I am a noob and looking to get into trail riding and general road/forestry riding.

I have been offered a brand new B'TWIN Rockrider Big RR 5.3 Mountain Bike for £150, amazing condition, never used.

do you think this is a decent bike for the price or should I splash a bit more for a brand new bike.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-big-rr-53-mountain-bike-white-id_8202905.html#User_opinion

$_80.JPG

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Are you sure it's not stolen? That's a bit too cheap.
  • It's one of my friends selling it so I don't think it's stolen. Seem to remember him buying it a few months ago. Did want 200 for it... It's 299 online brand new... So it's not that cheep.

Is it a fairly decent bike for that price??
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Won't get better for that money.
  • Superb, I though it may have been a decent price and it's in superb conditionjust didn't know if it was a quality bike to start with. Don't think he will budge on the price...
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The 5.3 is the cheapest bike that can be considered a proper mountain bike and is good enough to learn whether you like the riding or not.

At £150 it's a steal and if you get the bug and want to move up in 6 months you'll get your money back, I'd go for it.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.