GT Aggressor XC1 Project

2»

Comments

• L3BIUS
    L3BIUS Posts: 91
    Ok, so i know pedals are the next thing i need desperately but i was given a £5 voucher for wiggle for secret santa at christmas... funds wont allow the pedals this month but i could spare the £10 needed to get the bar ends i wanted ;)

So these have now been ordered, hopefully will finish off the handlebar upgrades nicely :)

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/hope-grip-doctor-bar-end-plugs/ in red
    The New Beast GT Aggressor 2013 project

The Old Beast GT Aggressor Hardtail 2011 Custom Spec

Places i want to visit:
    Gisburn Forest, Afan Forest, Holmbury Hill, Forest of Dean, Antur Stiniog, Fort William, Tweed Valley, Cwmcarn
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    They look nice but I could never see myself spending that on a couple of bar caps, Besides they probably add as much weight as the bar swap saved! (OK 34g isn't quite that bad)

I love the description on the wiggle website though...
    Bar ends are used by cross country mountain bikers, touring cyclists and long distance riders who require an alternate riding position, rather than just the grips. Bar ends offer a different position to the standard flat bar grips by allowing you to rotate your wrists by 90 degrees and allowing you to be able to pull harder on the climbs when out of the saddle, or just to relieve the boredom of the single position when on longer distance rides

They seem to have got confused!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • whitey161
    whitey161 Posts: 110
    Don't understand the need for bar ends at all...
    Gravity-Fed Media - A page to showcase my MTB and Snowboard Edits

http://www.facebook.com/GFM2005
  • L3BIUS
    whitey161 wrote:
    Don't understand the need for bar ends at all...

When its something you love very much, your pride and joy, its nice just to spend that extra bit more on some nice little extras that help complete the bike and make it yours!

Perhaps not everyones cup of tea but i like it :)

And yeah wiggles discription is a bit off!!

Places i want to visit:
    Gisburn Forest, Afan Forest, Holmbury Hill, Forest of Dean, Antur Stiniog, Fort William, Tweed Valley, Cwmcarn
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    Ive got the blue ones on mine. Nice little touch I think tbh!
    Should look good matey! :)
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    I got the red hope grip doctors. Worth every penny, for no other reason than they look trick. Other than that they serve no purpose other than adding weight
  • L3BIUS
    a214ca8e94840055a1d80cf1e472aae3_zpsd50f1a1a.jpg

Got these bad boys fitted :) I think they look pretty awesome!

Places i want to visit:
  • L3BIUS
    Took a trip to sherwood pines, here are some pictures of what was a very fun, but very we and muddy day.
    I took us almost twice as long as normal due to the poor conditions... there were only a couple of relativlety dry sections!

IMG_20140119_145219_zpsc8bnqks5.jpg
    IMG_20140119_145151_zpsigu5kx5z.jpg
    IMG_20140119_145142_zpskc8kthdp.jpg
    IMG_20140119_145135_zpsmfsb2d3a.jpg

Places i want to visit:
  • Dawesy92
    Cant have been that bad. Last time I headed there when it was muddy.. my blue frame was not visable after I had done!! Haha!!
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    What happened to the new bars?
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Dawesy92
    His bike is in the middle of the tree white bars are on that one! :)
  • L3BIUS
    Yeah my cousin has the same model bike... After I reccomended it to him! This was my first ride with the new bars, and they are sweet :) a lot lighter than the old ones to!

Places i want to visit:
  • Dawesy92
    Any new changes to this matey??