Id be grateful if you would co operate. Pretty please.

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,516
edited December 2013 in The cake stop
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -face.html

So his "high powered" legal team is being paid for by the tax payer. :roll:

It seems the legal creep into military operations is increasing, modern warfare has evolved beyond all recognition to the time when the Geneva Convention was first codified.

The sooner we can stop these scum from raping the system for cash the better, unless they want to work pro bono? I've been shouted at so I'm suing.......... Its a pity we can't tie these solicitors and QC's to the outside of military vehicles as human shields.......
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Hmmm...first British soldiers get jailed for doing their job killing the enemy, now we can't even use harsh language on the bar stewards. The liberals are taking over, I tell ya.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Fancy shouting at someone 'at close quarters' when you're interrogating them, why the feck this even gets to the stage of being discussed is totally beyond me, political correctness gone made :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hmmm...first British soldiers get jailed for doing their job killing the enemy,

You know it isn't actually like this.
  • Stevo_666
    What, a soldiers job isn't to kill the enemy?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    I wouldn't fancy being shouted at either but understand the need for certain methods to extract information. Beats water boarding.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    What was he actually accused of?
  • As Adam Hills would say, don't be a dick. Try actually reading the story and understanding it before cacking your nappy.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    As Adam Hills would say, don't be a dick. Try actually reading the story and understanding it before cacking your nappy.

Nappy 'cacked', can you change it please?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    To be clear this guy, bringing the action hasn't even been subjected to the method in question.......
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    As Adam Hills would say, don't be a dick. Try actually reading the story and understanding it before cacking your nappy.

Nappy 'cacked', can you change it please?
    That would involve Billy boy doing something constructive. He might not be used to it :wink:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260

What's to misunderstand?

The article says that civilians have this interrogation technique used on them which involves being shouted or screamed at, seems fair enough to me if they're suspected of something :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Id be grateful if you would co operate. Pretty please.

Struth how did one of my my sex talk phrases get on here?

i will just have to default to my usual 'It rubs the lotion on it's skin'

always a laugh.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

what was it like then?

a wounded taliban scumbag who with half a chance would have attacked our boys.
  • what was it like then?

Yes, the idea being, that what sets UK forces above 3rd world undisciplined savages.

So other rules should we ignore in combat to make life easier...? :roll:
  • its a war situation. who cares. the age of chivalry is gone. i dont necessarily condone it, but a reprimand is enough not sticking someone in jail.
  • I don't think his downfall was to end the enemys suffering, his downfall was to video it, transfer that video to a computer and let the footage be seen outwith the circle of trust.

That makes him a f'kin idiot in my book.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    I don't think his downfall was to end the enemys suffering, his downfall was to video it, transfer that video to a computer and let the footage be seen outwith the circle of trust.

That is a fair point. This could be circulating in the Islamist fundamentalist world and having a detrimental effect.

However, all is fair in love and war and I bet there are things going on that would make Joe Public's skin crawl.

See this, it has been covered later on in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12939737
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,091
    I don't think his downfall was to end the enemys suffering, his downfall was to video it, transfer that video to a computer and let the footage be seen outwith the circle of trust.

That is a fair point. This could be circulating in the Islamist fundamentalist world and having a detrimental effect.

However, all is fair in love and war and I bet there are things going on that would make Joe Public's skin crawl.

The general consensus there seems to pretty much contradict TPM's post, and that they very much do care about this.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Stevo 666 wrote:

what was it like then?

Deleted,
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • rjsterry wrote:

The general consensus there seems to pretty much contradict TPM's post, and that they very much do care about this.

Good on em