Firework man cleared

Phil Fouracre
Phil Fouracre Posts: 207
edited December 2013 in The bottom bracket
Good to see that the Taunton Firework Man has been cleared of all charges, what a joke, and complete waste of money. Is this another case of having to blame someone, whatever the facts, for the fact that there are a lot of crap drivers on the road? I wish that I could remember the name of the copper who stood on the motorway bridge vowing to blame someone for the accident, ring any bells?

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Good to see that the Taunton Firework Man has been cleared of all charges, what a joke, and complete waste of money. Is this another case of having to blame someone, whatever the facts, for the fact that there are a lot of crap drivers on the road? I wish that I could remember the name of the copper who stood on the motorway bridge vowing to blame someone for the accident, ring any bells?

I think that's a bit harsh, some of those 'crap' drivers died :roll:

Some of the witness's described how the smoke was so thick it was like paint being smeared all over the wind screen, I reckon no matter how good a driver you are you'd struggle in those conditions.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Not trying to be harsh - the trouble is the knee jerk desire to blame someone, was based on very iffy 'evidence' the whole area is a known fog spot, low lying, cold and wet. They did not even prove that it was smoke and not fog, the display being over before the accident happened. There was a bad motorway accident due to fog recently, loads of vehicles involved, again, 'fog so thick that they couldn't see' so why not bl00dy slow down. Only difference with this one was there was 'no one to blame'. Yes it is a terrible shame that people were killed, but, that doesn't mean they weren't still driving badly!
  • The trial sounds appropriate, it's what courts are there for, to find out if someone has committed an offence. Even if the area is known as a fog spot you still have to consider whether a huge accident right opposite a fireworks display is merely coincidence. If it's ruled that yes that's the case then so be it.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    The judge decided there was no case to answer before putting to the jury. So a four week trial at the taxpayers expense... Yes folks that's you and me again. I think they originally charged with manslaughter but reduced that to failing to ensure the safety of others whatever that means. Seven people died and a scapegoat was needed. Thank goodness for British justice but a shame on the CPS. Dreadfully sad for the families of the victims..
  • arran77 wrote:

I think that's a bit harsh, some of those 'crap' drivers died :roll:

Darwin.

The sad thing is some of the non crap drivers died due to the crap drivers. BRAKE will probably blame speed, others want o blae firework guy. The fact s people didn't drive to the conditions - and the only people in control of that was the people behind the wheel.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    I had to go to the accident scene on the sunday and it was a bl00dy mess,i am glad
    the guy was cleared.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap