Blue Badge

2»

Comments

• I had one of these at a local post office recently, I just phoned the local PO, they told the parking enforcement company - I had to write to them explaining the situation and the penalty was dropped.

The law has changed recently and these sort of parking fines are completely enforceable now, so don't ignore it.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,664
    Or you could just accept your own fault rather than trotting your daughter out as proof of how in the right you think you are ... You were in the wrong ...

Tw at.

Yep, even by his own standards that is bad.
  • Let's not get carried away...
    Crankbrother... 2 warnings in 8 days, if your aim is to be thrown out, you are doing well!
    left the forum March 2023
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Is this the first thread to get unlocked or have I entered a parallel universe?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Ballysmate wrote:
    :shock:
    wow!

I am scared now.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,446
    Credit where credits due. Nice one ugo.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,446
    Let us know how you get on Lenny.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    daviesee wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    :shock:
    wow!

I am scared now.

I've ended up back in last week :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Well said Aggieboy, shame more of the great legal minds on here can't spend more time chipping in with stuff like that rather than endlessly trying to outdo each other about helmet usage...
  • Thanks to Aggie for his advice I have appealed to Popla and am waiting for the outcome.
    I have followed his advice to the letter.
    I am not backing down on this and if they want to take me to court they are quite welcome.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    First of all, well done Ugo and whoever else may have been involved in reconsidering and reopening this thread. clapping_sm_nwm.gif

Lenny55 wrote:
    Thanks to Aggie for his advice I have appealed to Popla and am waiting for the outcome.
    I have followed his advice to the letter.
    I am not backing down on this and if they want to take me to court they are quite welcome.

Nice one, Lenny55. I'll pm you re other advice.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Interesting thread... I work with blue badge holders and I think if I was in the same position I would have paid up and put it down to experience. In fact my previous employer insisted that if we didn't display properly we would have to pay out of our own pocket. I've even heard of one who was ticketed because it was being displayed but was upside down and couldn't therefore be bar coded. I hope the OP lets us know how it ends...
  • I know I made a mistake in not displaying the badge but,
    when you genuinely mess up surely there has to be a bit of common sense.
    We were in Costa's a matter of minutes before he booked us and as I said earlier I showed him the badge but to no avail.
    When I see the abuse going on with blue badges I find it astounding that we are genuine but these car park attendants don't see us as genuine.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I think most would exercise common sense but if it's entered on the system I doubt if there is much that the warden could have done