Self opinionated twunts……….

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,480
edited December 2013 in The cake stop
May I suggest if the cap fits?

http://www.contactmusic.com/article/pau ... ng_3982389

And for the thick or uninitiated or into days more PC correct terms, "more training required"
I'm not into the RIP for people I don't know
Or celebrities

But defining someone for a mistake they have paid for, in this case his life at the very least lacks humanity and common decency.
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Make's a change from reading depressing stories.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Would you want some wealthy good looking actor buying the engagement ring you couldn't afford for your fiancee?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    Would you want some wealthy good looking actor buying the engagement ring you couldn't afford for your fiancee?
    Anonymously.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Slowmart wrote:

And for the thick or uninitiated or into days more PC correct terms, "more training required"
    Or celebrities

But defining someone for a mistake they have paid for, in this case his life at the very least lacks humanity and common decency.

I have not commented on him personally, my comments have been that I didn't know him so can't mourn him.
    I agree that no-one should be defined by one mistake or event. This would equally apply to a single feel good story only made newsworthy because of a person's death, surely?
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    You won't get through to many here because of their nature of realism hidden in forum/internet life but I love a good story about how someone may have helped others, its gives a sense of warmth knowing that people will help others for no other reason than thinking it is the right thing to do.
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Slowmart wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    You won't get through to many here

Yeah, we're all cynics, I call bullshit :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:

Or celebrities

I have not commented on him personally, my comments have been that I didn't know him so can't mourn him.
    I agree that no-one should be defined by one mistake or event. This would equally apply to a single feel good story only made newsworthy because of a person's death, surely?

It was just a counter point as it shines a light on the individuals true personality rather than the uninformed and jaundiced view taken by some on the earlier thread.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Anyone got a sense of Deja Vu
  • arran77
    mrfpb wrote:

This thread will soon be locked as well :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • daviesee
    I am a self confessed self opinionated......

Of course I bleeding well are.

I would rather form my own opinions than be told what my opinion is.

Your opinion may vary. But only if you are told it should.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Yep, a very kind and generous man.
    I still don't care though...........
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Anyone got a heartwarming story about Mavis Bingham?
  • I telephoned the Pope and told him about the link. He's had a look and assured me he'll speak to St Peter to ensure Paul gets into heaven, so a happy ending after all.
  • VTech
    I telephoned the Pope and told him about the link. He's had a look and assured me he'll speak to St Peter to ensure Paul gets into heaven, so a happy ending after all.

Is there anyone alive who thinks there was a need to post that ?
    So wrong in so many ways.
    Living MY dream.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Some very obvious theological flaws I would say..
    Perhaps bm is having a deep spiritual awakening... Or perhaps not
  • VTech wrote:
    I telephoned the Pope and told him about the link. He's had a look and assured me he'll speak to St Peter to ensure Paul gets into heaven, so a happy ending after all.

As a catholic, I find it offensive that you question a catholic's right to talk to their pope or to St Peter so their loved ones can ascend into heaven.
    That you consider catholic practices so wrong makes you very small-minded but I forgive you.
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:

As a catholic, I find it offensive that you question a catholic's right to talk to their pope or to St Peter so their loved ones can ascend into heaven.
    That you consider catholic practices so wrong makes you very small-minded but I forgive you.

I too am catholic although not practicing but the fact you act like you do really makes me hope there isn't a greater cause. Your doomed if that's the case and I wouldn't want to see that.
    Living MY dream.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Everyone who calls upon the name of The Lord will be saved. Romans 10:13

That is Mikey's thought for the day ...
  • ballysmate
    Mikey, could you possibly adjudicate for us? I realise you are a Methodist and not a Left Footer, but you seem to know about such things. Will Billy be cast into the fiery pit as VTech fears or will he be ok?
    Perhaps you, or better still, you and VTech, could mention him in your prayers.
  • ballysmate
    PS Mikey.
    Say a prayer for Mavis as well.
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    Mikey, could you possibly adjudicate for us? I realise you are a Methodist and not a Left Footer, but you seem to know about such things. Will Billy be cast into the fiery pit as VTech fears or will he be ok?
    I'm doomed! I'm going to hell in a hand cart for pulling VTech's chain... but wait...I've just had a word with him upstairs and we're BFF again. Phew.

Talking of completely fictitious characters, all I've got to do now is convince Santa I've been a good boy all year and I'll be sorted.
  • daviesee
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I'm doomed! I'm going to hell in a hand cart for pulling VTech's chain... but wait...I've just had a word with him upstairs and we're BFF again. Phew.

Talking of completely fictitious characters, all I've got to do now is convince Santa I've been a good boy all year and I'll be sorted.
    :lol:
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    I generally read a thread, see what Vtech thinks and immediately it becomes clear what I think.

Knobber
  • daviesee
    nathancom wrote:
    I generally read a thread, see what Vtech thinks and immediately it becomes clear what I think.

Knobber
    Imagine!
    A World where people have different opinions?
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:

What, Santa and JC are the same person :shock:

seanoconn
  • arran77 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

What, Santa and JC are the same person :shock:
    Well they both have beards and you never see them together in pictures. Come to think of it, you never see Jebus, Santa and Colonel Sanders in the same picture either. Spooky.