Shiny new bike! Planet X Pro Carbon SL

KatB
KatB Posts: 11
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
So, after posting a couple of months back for some advice of where to look for a new bike, I poddled up to Rotherham to have a gander at the planet x workshop, and subsequently ordered my new bike, which is now up and running!

Its a medium frame with 80mm stem and 40cm bars for girly dims, then has al30 wheels, SRAM rival groupset (with an 11-32 cassette for a granny gear ;) ). Ill probably update the bars and seat post to carbon at some stage...what do you think? :)

mBxBuvSq

https://db.tt/mBxBuvSq

https://db.tt/7jhgtPd6

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Very nice, I have one with Rival and it has been a great buy. Had It well over a year and it has been very reliable and has only needed a wheel truing. I have changed bars, seat post, saddle etc but stayed with alu and the weight is down to 7.32kg/16.1lb
    Enjoy it :)
  • diamonddog wrote:
    I have changed bars, seat post, saddle etc but stayed with alu and the weight is down to 7.32kg/16.1lb

How did you do that - what parts did you upgrade to what?

Looking to make some weightsaving alu upgrades to my own bike. Cheers.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog wrote:
    I have changed bars, seat post, saddle etc but stayed with alu and the weight is down to 7.32kg/16.1lb

How did you do that - what parts did you upgrade to what?

Looking to make some weightsaving alu upgrades to my own bike. Cheers.

Ritchey WCS II bars, Thompson Masterpiece post, Selle Italia SLR saddle nothing too radical, probably a new Ritchey stem next or wheels.
  • e999sam
    e999sam Posts: 426
    KatB wrote:
    So, after posting a couple of months back for some advice of where to look for a new bike, I poddled up to Rotherham to have a gander at the planet x workshop, and subsequently ordered my new bike, which is now up and running!

Were you riding it up and down the road outside at about 1430 ? If it was you I was just ordering my new TT bike at the same time :D
  • KatB
    e999sam wrote:

Were you riding it up and down the road outside at about 1430 ? If it was you I was just ordering my new TT bike at the same time :D

No I wasn't unfortunately, does that mean someone else has got the same bike?! ;) mine was delivered to me on Weds...:) hope you enjoy your TT bike...that maybe next on my list...or a N2A anyway..!
  • diamonddog
    Has it been out to play today? :)
  • e999sam
    e999sam Posts: 426
    KatB wrote:
    e999sam wrote:

No I wasn't unfortunately, does that mean someone else has got the same bike?! ;) mine was delivered to me on Weds...:) hope you enjoy your TT bike...that maybe next on my list...or a N2A anyway..!
    Difficult to say. The only thing I can say for sure was that it was the same colour.
  • KatB
    diamonddog wrote:
    Has it been out to play today? :)

It has! Did an easy 20 odd miles, getting used to the gear ratio after my old triple, but I love it :) very comfortable, moves a lot quicker than I thought we were going, and still looked gorgeous even splashed a bit ;) now cleaned and tucked up as goog to have to be an all weather bike...! Love the SRAM now I'm used to it too!
  • diamonddog wrote:
    Ritchey WCS II bars, Thompson Masterpiece post, Selle Italia SLR saddle nothing too radical, probably a new Ritchey stem next or wheels.

Thanks for that. Just picked up an SLR saddle and I've been looking at those Ritchey bars too.

KatB - nice looking bike! :D