Giant Advanced 0 Frame 2011

surferireland
surferireland Posts: 27
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
Is there any difference between the advanced defy frames 0 1 2 are they are all the same and the number defines the spec of the goodies?

Comments

• Of course there is a difference....colour.

Nah you are right they are the same frames with different components. Check Giants archive and you will see that they have the same shape, dimensions and are made from the same material.
  • Primus84
    Primus84 Posts: 109
    I think the main difference is from 2 to 1 as the quality of the aluminium is supposed to be better - Allux SL rather than Allux.
  • I think you will find that the Defy Advanced are carbon frames not alloy.
  • Primus84
    Primus84 Posts: 109
    Sorry missed the advanced bit!
  • domgears
    domgears Posts: 135
    All Defy Advanced frames are identical, Defy Composite frames use a lower grade carbon and are heavier, the Defy Advanced SL uses a higher grade carbon and is lighter.

As you mentioned, the only difference between 0,1,2 or 3 within the same range is specs, wheels, groupset etc.

Get the best frame you can at the best price you can, you can always upgrade parts easily.

So, if you can get a Deft Advanced SL 3 for the same price as a Defy Advanced 0, go for the SL 3
  • Thankyou for the replies, I found a difference in the 2011 models, 0 and 1 had a carbon steerer while the 2 & 3 had an alloy one. Bit of a poor thing to do to a full carbon bike, putting a alloy steerer in it. I bought a 0 model so at least its the carbon one.