which turbo trainer HELP!!!

bikemanspen
bikemanspen Posts: 101
edited December 2013 in Road buying advice
ok so im looking to take the plunge and buy my first turbo trainer i like the look of the tacx ones and have about £200 as a budget? ive been looking at the satori package deal with the mat and dvd! although im not quite sure how the dvd works and what ill be able to do with it ??

could anyone give me an explaination as im a newbie when it comes to this.

cheers ben
Cube agree pro 2013
Trek fuel ex8 2009 (rootbeer)

Comments

• buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    The Satori is alright but it can be found much cheaper than £200.

£150 in Decathlon http://www.decathlon.co.uk/hometrainer- ... 64386.html

Or even cheaper second hand (I paid £50 for mine, not even used, ex-display model)

It is noisy though.
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • I have an Elite crono fluid gel and love it to bits. But to be honest, most Turbos between 150-200 should be good. You could spend a long time debating the pros and cons of each type (wind, mag, gel etc).

Doubt you'll really notice any difference between them. It really comes down to if you want a simple turbo, ie with no knobs or dials, or a variable resistance type. Almost any of the good makes will work.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • davem399
    davem399 Posts: 269
    I too have an Elite turbo which I find very good. It is the Chrono Hydro-Mag, which is both fluid and magnetic resistance. Currently, I run it on the lowest magnetic setting and use the gears to increase speed and hence the load using the fluid resistance. It is smooth and pretty quiet too.

Cycling Plus have just tested turbos this month. The Cyclops fluid 2 comes top, and the Minoura B60 is their best budget buy.
  • thanks for recommending me a few guys it will definetly help! but can I use anyone of these on my computer/tv? and how do I go about it? The thought of just pedalling on the spot without being able to see any progress,data or even race sounds like torture!

like I said earlier I really don't know how it all works!
    Cube agree pro 2013
    Trek fuel ex8 2009 (rootbeer)