Doctor Who? I said Doctor who?

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,366
edited December 2013 in The bottom bracket
Is it me or is Doctor Who a pile o' shyte? It has been wall to wall Dr Who recently and I don't get it. It's shyte.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    It's meant for kids.

I thought you'd like it..
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Sorry, I thought this was the queue for the ice creams.
    Scott S40 Speedster
    Dialled Stay Strong MX20R

I no longer live in an ivory tower, these days it's vintage white :shock:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    The writers come out with some excellent ideas but is let down by the acting IMO.

Maybe they could do a Saturday night episode and a post-watershed episode.
  • Never been the same since Jon Pertwee's incarnation.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    50th celebrations were way over the top. Corrie, Blue Peter and Sky at Night are probably the only other shows to do 50 and they didn't get this treatment (and none of them were cancelled for 20 of those 50 years).

I'll be watching it with the kids at Christmas. It's hokum compared to most sci-fi, but it's fun. I don't like the current companion though.
  • mrfpb wrote:
    I'll be watching it with the kids at Christmas. It's hokum compared to most sci-fi, but it's fun. I don't like the current companion though.

I'll be tuning in at xmas, bit of a sucker for a bit of who. On the other hand, the new companion, she's not the best actress but there is always a mute button :wink:
    Scott S40 Speedster
    Dialled Stay Strong MX20R

I no longer live in an ivory tower, these days it's vintage white :shock:
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    t_Jenna-Louise%20Coleman.jpg
    Jenna-Louise Coleman has a massive box (on the inside). You really could get both hands inside and still clap.

jenna-louise-coleman_502928.jpg
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    The imagination of the writers has to be seriously bolstered by the imagination of the audience to achieve the maximum value.

Don't enjoy it?

No imagination :roll: