Power Torque Removal

beetle1
beetle1 Posts: 189
edited December 2013 in Workshop
Hello folks, I am trying to remove a campagnolo power torque crankset and need the plug to enable its removal. Due to the fact Im selling the chainset does anyone have the plug I could use for a fee and could return after use or deliver near Middlesbrough / Northallerton, thanks.

Comments

• Hi, I've just removed my power torque tonight- instead of a plug, I just slightly unscrewed the locking screw (so the crank had a little space to start coming off) and used a Draper gear puller to remove the crank. I had to take off the gear puller a few times and loosen the locking screw, but the whole thing only took 10min or so.

The gear puller very slightly marked the locking screw, so if you want to sell yours maybe a cloth between this and the gear puller would be good.

Do you have a gear puller already? e.g. draper 13907

Hope that helps!
  • beetle1
    beetle1 Posts: 189
    Hi, thanks that sounds ok, yes I have the campag bearing pull so I'll give it a try. So really the locking nut is acting like the plug/
  • Good luck! Still took quite a few thumps with a rubber mallet before it started to loosen, though...