Great Day for Cycling

bernithebiker
bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
edited December 2013 in Road general
Thought I'd share a few pics of today's ride; sunny, very still, almost no wind, and about 13'C.
Just a basic camera phone, but came out OK.
This is the Crozon peninsula, Finistere, Brittany.
Empty, smooth roads, think I saw about 20 cars in 2 hours.

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Excellent ... Thanks for sharing. Still looking to come over but next year now. Pretty miserable old day this side of the manche
  • Looks ideal. Thank you for sharing. It's on my list of places to visit next year
  • Thanks chaps. Obviously it doesn't look quite the same when it's pi**ing down with rain, but it's heaven when it's like this!
  • I thought you had to include a pic of your bike propped up against a fence post...?

Nice pics btw. 8)
  • OK Colin, just for you!

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,941

Rush hour eh? :wink:
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Some lovely pics Berni.

Looks like a fantastic place to ride a bike.
  • Visited there last year. Great cycling country
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Lovely pics, have holidayed in Brittany many times based around concarneau. this was before I took up cycling.Will be back with the bike for sure.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Thought I'd share a few pics of today's ride; sunny, very still, almost no wind, and about 13'C.
    Just a basic camera phone, but came out OK.
    This is the Crozon peninsula, Finistere, Brittany.

jealous as f**k berni :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

my cycle this morning was in a 12mph,light rain,grey and overcast....quite the opposite to you :lol::lol:

nice pics.
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Yes a great day, I went down the garden this morning to check suitability, check on rush hour traffic etc

DSC02429.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    13 degrees?! Show off! :lol:

Been less than half that here lately and windy with it. And rainy today. The riding has been hard......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • If it rains, I don't go out!

Another crisp sunny day, no wind, but getting colder, I think we will get our 1st frost of the year tonight.

0830h group ride tomorrow morning, God knows why they don't make it 0930…!
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Nice shots.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    If it rains, I don't go out!

If you live on the wrong (Manchester) side of the Pennines, and take that approach, then you aren't a cyclist! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Beautiful photos dude :D I love France..... and ive only been the once :(
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • Skipped the group ride this am - too darn chilly, about 0 to 1'C, and too early for my liking.

Did it solo thanks to Garmin 500 directions, full sun and 9'C.

Chateaulin, Finistere, (steeped in cycling history - you don't get a KOM easily round here!)

Pleyben, Finistere. Nice churchy thing.
  • Sweet, looks like you had great weather for it. Round my way it was damp with mud on the roads, so it takes a hour to clean the bike up afterwards.
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • wow, looks like a great ride, thanks for sharing :)