Mountain king 2.4 vs rubber queen 2.2

andybrad
andybrad Posts: 92
edited December 2013 in MTB general
Ive got both in black chilli flavour. Im just wondering which to go for at gisburn this weekend? any advice?

ive run the rubber queens there to good effect but im wondering if they will clog with mud at this time of year?

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    For the record I used the poor man's (non Black Chilli) Mountain Kings for a while and loved them in any condition. Never used Rubber Queens though.

Why not fit the Mountain Kings and test it out for yourself... what's the worst that can happen?

I never change tyres to suit conditions, just adapt how I ride. Keeps things interesting :)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Im finding rubber queens great in muddy conditions. All depends on what sort of mud is on your local trails.
  • you like the non black chilli mountain kings? are you a sadist?
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    andybrad wrote:
    you like the non black chilli mountain kings? are you a sadist?

Haha, perhaps. I used them on my old SX Trail and never had any issues with them! :D
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • BC rubber queen allday.
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    I ran Folding Rubber Queens front and rear on my XC Pro, and have a standard Mountain King II on the front of the HT. The Queens certainly have better grip but roll a tad slower than the Kings due to the more aggressive tread pattern. I'd personally go with the Queens all year round out of the two, as they seemed to be good in all conditions for me and I prefer to have the better grip than the slightly faster rolling speed.